Paigebrammell2022's picture

Redwood Forest

It’s finally time to go on a vacation of my choice! All my life my parents have chosen where i’d go on my summer vacation. I chose to go to the redwood forest. I invited my best friend because we never see each other that much and i’ve really missed her. We decided to go there because we love to hike and love the woody and earthy smells of the forest. We are gonna camp there for about a week. We are going to go fishing and hiking. We wanted to feel like we were back in the old days when we had to catch our own food and make our own tools. Like we used to when we were little.

Paigebrammell2022's picture

It can happen to anyone

April 2nd 2020

Hey Diary! Today has been really great! I made a lot of friends and they all really like me. Going to a new school is not as bad as i thought it would be. I miss my friends back at home but I’m sure they’ll stay in touch. I’ve been making plans with my new friends so I might not write back for awhile. Bye Diary.
April 21st 2020

Hey diary! Sorry I haven’t wrote anything for awhile. I know i”m talking to a notebook but i just feel like I should talk to you like you’re my closest friend in the world and I can tell you anything. Anyway, I met a boy at school and he’s really cool. My friend ashlyn said he might ask me to the dance. And honestly I hope he does! My mom and I went out for lunch today and it was great! I’m happy we get along so well. It’s probably because I’m nice to my parents unlike some teenagers my age.
April 22nd 2020
poem 1 comment challenge: Frost
Paigebrammell2022's picture

feathered duck

I found a feathered duck, ruffled and brown,

On a green Maidenhair fern, holding up a fly,

Like a small lump of coal.

Assorted characters of life and death.

Mixed with heaven and hell.

Like the ingredients to an evil step-mothers stew.

A featherless duck, a fern blooming like spring, and fly wings.
What did that fern do with the ruffled brown duck?

The duck brown the fern innocent and full.

What brought the duck to the fern?

What brought the fly as well?

What but the design of life.

If design is in a thing so big.

poem 0 comments challenge: Frost
Paigebrammell2022's picture

feathered duck

Like a small lump of coal.

Assorted characters of life and death.

Mixed with heaven and hell.

What brought the duck to the fern?

What brought the fly as well?

What but the design of life.

If design is in a thing so big.

poem 0 comments challenge: Pal
Paigebrammell2022's picture

His Pal

I came from his loneliness.

I came from the most creative part of his brain.

He made me silly and sweet.

He created me so he’d have a friend.

I’ve been around for awhile.

I might not be for much longer.

He and I both know this.

But we have each other for now.

We won’t think of that time until It comes to us.

For now He loves me, and I love him.

I will be deep in his memory forever and he’ll feel how much I love him.

fiction 0 comments challenge: Alert
Paigebrammell2022's picture

1:37 am

I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm going off. It’s supposed to be Saturday why in the world is my alarm going off. I open my eyes and gather my surroundings. It’s dark out still. This was odd, It hasn’t been this way for a couple of months. I check the time and it says it’s 1:37 am. As I was checking the time I noticed that it wasn’t my alarm that was going off. There is a notification saying “breaking news…” I unlock my phone. Having no clue what could be happening that is so important that I have to know. I’m a 15-year-old kid. I honestly don’t care about the news. I just assumed it was important. I clicked on the notification. It pulls up a long page stating that an experiment escaped from a nearby science lab. I live close to a college campus. It mostly teaches science majors. I didn’t think much of it, I thought it was just some rat with an ear on it and it was “of utmost importance to find it and bring it back”. I got out of bed to ask my mom if she knew about it.
Paigebrammell2022's picture

Zebra Finch

My Mom, Dad, and I moved recently. We moved from a big house to a small apartment just big enough for the three of us. My mom thought that we didn’t need such a big house because all my siblings had moved out. Our new landlord said he didn’t want us getting a dog so my mom took me to the pet store to get a smaller animal to make up for it. I was honestly excited. I already have a rabbit so I didn’t want another. I didn’t really want another rodent like a hamster or a Guinea pig. I was thinking maybe a reptile like a snake or a turtle. My mom took me to the pet store after she got off work so it was getting late and I didn’t have much time to pick a pet. I looked at the reptiles played with a few of them but didn’t seem to connect with any of them. There was a snake that seemed nice but i would feel bad feeding it live mice. I wandered through the pet store for awhile. Strolling through the rodent section none of them really caught my eye.
fiction 0 comments challenge: Luck
Paigebrammell2022's picture

Luck

I have really good luck. Whenever I wish something would happen it does. Even if I just think it. Which most people would think that is a good thing. And it can be. But sometimes I feel like it’s a curse. There is no excitement when it comes to anything anymore. I don’t feel accomplished whenever I do something good. It all just naturally all works out for me. But if I ever say anything to myself or to anyone else as a joke it actually happens. So I have to take the term “Be careful what you wish for” very seriously. Yes, I do get things I want and I never have to worry about things going wrong. But I don’t like it. I don’t have any mistakes to learn from. I can’t make relatable jokes. And I don’t have any surprise or excitement in my life. All I’m saying is if you don’t have amazing luck like me and wish you did. You should be happy that you don’t have to deal with all this.
Paigebrammell2022's picture

Babysitting

I Have never really been the type to babysit. I’m socially awkward and irresponsible. That's exactly why my dad decided to tell his boss, that needed a babysitter, that I would do it for them. He thought it would help me gain some responsibility and help me to come out of my shell. Without even asking me. I didn’t really know these kids but they were little and sweet so I thought it shouldn’t be too hard.

The day came. I did my regular routine of getting dressed and eating breakfast. My mom made me an extra big one just in case I got nervous and wouldn’t want to eat later. I was super nervous, questions were circling through my head like, what if they’re rude? Or annoying? What if they don’t like me? I just shook off the thought. The thought of all the money I was getting was keeping me going. My dad made sure I had my phone and new when to call 911 and gave us the house phone. We waited until we had to leave. Around 3 pm we decided to leave.
Paigebrammell2022's picture

In the minority

I have never been in the minority anywhere. I’ve always fit in and got the best opportunities. Moving to a 10% white student school was different and nerve wracking. I’m not nervous around people of color, I grew up with people of color and don’t really acknowledge that they’re a different race than me. Just not knowing anyone in a new school and being in the minority racially was a little scary. I wasn’t worried that I would get beaten up or anything like that I just am socially awkward and get scared in these types of situations. For once my race would affect how i am treated and how much respect I get.