fiction 0 comments challenge: Luck
Nora.F's picture

Just my luck day

I woke to the sound of my furnace groaning as if its bones ached. I get up and go to the basement the cold floor seeping through my slippers. Sure enough the furnace was broken not giving off any of it’s warm comforting heat. I go upstairs shivering with every step, grab a blanket and wrap myself in its warmth as I call the furnace dude.  

I feed Ruckuss and the cats. Then go to make my coffee. As if not taking a nice warm shower wasn’t bad enough the coffee makers spits and sputters like my rickety old car I  had when I was a teenager.

“ Could this day get any worse?” I ask myself.

I get dressed and ready for my big meeting with the corporate director today. Of course on the worst day of my life. As I rush out of my freezing cold house to start my car I slip on the icy walkway and twist my ankle.

“Oh come on!!! Gosh that smarts. I have no time for this”.
fiction 0 comments challenge: Luck
Nora.F's picture

Just my luck day

fiction 0 comments challenge: 70°
Nora.F's picture

70 degrees

The perfect weather

70 degrees fahrenheit

Long golden hair

Beautiful blue eyes

The prettiest smile

The perfect weather

70 degrees fahrenheit

Always smiling

Always laughing

Always making others smile

The perfect weather

70 degrees fahrenheit

Splashing in the water

Hanging out with friends

Its summer and the weather is perfect

So play with your friends

And enjoy the perfect weather

fiction 0 comments challenge: Snow
Nora.F's picture

Falling Snow

The snow falls without a sound but yet it can still be heard. The wind is howling like a coyote but yet we refuse to listen for we have all heard these sounds before. The sounds of a winter night in Vermont. In the morning the roads get icy and the  wind is still howelling . No one dares go outside. Because whenever you step out of your door the air cuts through every layer that you have on like a thousand little knives. The temperatures drop below zero almost every day. The lakes freeze over and people begin to skate, a week after Thanksgiving. With the snow on the trees wieghing them down almost to the ground and the wind swaying them back and forth causes all to think that there will be no school. The weather in the Green Mountains can be strange but it can also be a beautiful thing when it comes to certain seasons.
fiction 0 comments challenge: Power
Nora.F's picture

Happiness

If I could choose one superpower that no one else could have I would choose to have the power of happiness. Everyone needs a little happiness in their lives. And if I had the power to shed that little amount of happiness on the world then I could feel even happier.

We all have a little sliver of happiness but no one can notice it because they cover it  up with their sadness that they have.But if happiness was given to each person in the simplest way they might forget about the sadness that we all share and we all might be able to have happy life and remember that we all have something to live for.   

Nora.F's picture

I will Always be here

I’m here but only you know. Only you can talk to and I can only talk to you. No else knows that I exist I am basically that imaginary friend that you had when you were little that would take the only other swing at recess and all the other kids would pick on you. But you grew out of that very fast because you didn’t want to grow up being known as the creepy one with the invisible friend. So every morning you would leave me at home and then we just kind of grew apart and you started hanging out with real people so I wasn’t important to you anymore but I was still there for you.
Nora.F's picture

My special talent

“This speech taste so good this speaker is very good” said Mike.

“What did you say”?

“The speech is good”.

“Oh I thought that you said it tasted good”.

Poor mike has been forced to hold in his darkest secret since he was at least seven. Nobody knows that he can taste words and hear colors except for his parents and his grandparents have it almost figured out. It has been passed down through generations. It can be good and it can be bad.

The good thing is is that Mike has a different way of interrupting things and he better understands things. Like if he is writing an essay and it tastes nasty then he knows that it is a bad essay but if it tastes good then well the essay is good.
Nora.F's picture

She's an odd one

“If the snow doesn’t start to fall in the twenty minutes this place is going to have me to deal with. Keep in mind that I do rule over all of you and can get all of you fired.”

“I swear if this kingdom makes one more wrong move I will have you all brought down do you understand me”

“Mother, Father is everything ok?”

“No sweat heart our servants aren’t doing their jobs properly”.
Nora.F's picture

Picking Berries

We hike we laugh and we talk. We reach the top of the hill where the berries grow as far as the eye can see. We pick for hours and compare the pounds and pounds of juicy ripe berries. We climb down the bank and back to the vehicle. Pile in to the old beat up truck that only gets used when we come up this awfully maintained road. The truck squeals to a start and we begin to roll down the road back to the house. Each bump we hit the truck rears and groans as if it is in pain.

We pull in the drive to the dog barking and chasing chickens through the gardens. We all pile out and go into the house rinse the berries and begin to make my mom's famous wild berry jam. We wash our hands and get the pots out.

“Put the berries in the pot and then run downstairs and grab the jars and the big bag of sugar” says mom.
Nora.F's picture

Them

In my dream I’m running away from all the problems that seem to be chasing me in this awful world. I am running from the death of my friend from the day that my parents went missing and the saddest of them all when I felt lost and alone in the world and still had a baby sister to take care of. All these things that I struggle with and still I put a smile on my face and walk out the door.

Two days ago they came. They came to take my sister and the house that I grew up in all because me. A 17 year girl trying to pay for a house and care for a 5 year with noone to turn to. When they came I held onto my sister because she was the only thing I had left and they just ripped her from my arms as she was screaming and crying. They wanted me too. But I took one last long look at  my little sisters face and in her eyes I could tell that she knew that I had to do this so I ran. I ran to the woods on the edge of town until everything cooled down.