Nora.F's picture

family vacation

Summer was finally here and they were all ready to go but there seemed to be a small problem and we couldn’t quite figure it out. We had waited all year for this two week trip where we were going all pile in our minivan and head cross country. But we couldn’t yet there was one thing that just didn’t seem right.

We had done a head count about three times and it wasn’t like there was a herd of us. There were only six of us not including the dog. Ok well maybe that is a herd compared to most other families and this trip was going to be annoying anyway. There is going to be me my two younger sister and my older brother who wasn’t to happy that we were taking two weeks away from his summer. Then there are my parents who can’t ride in the same car with other without complaining about the others driving habits.  Oh and don’t get me started on the dog all he is going to do is sit in the car and stink it up the ENTIRE time.
Nora.F's picture

hurricane

We rush to the basement to hide from the monster. The monster that is tearing up my home. My sister’s my parents home the home that his been in my dad’s family for 3 generations. We huddle in the corner as we listen to the to neighbors houses being eaten up like a Thanksgiving feast. Next will be our home swallowed up like a  child with candy.

I hear it the wind pushing it closer to us, closer to the end of my family. My little sister cries, my mother screams, and my dad just sits there with a look of terror on his face. And I, I just sit there like I don’t care but really I do. This house is all we have. It holds all of the memories of my family hanging around on the holidays. It has all of our family portraits all the bay toys from my sister and I. If we lose it there is nothing left.
fiction 0 comments challenge: Luck
Nora.F's picture

Just my luck day

I woke to the sound of my furnace groaning as if its bones ached. I get up and go to the basement the cold floor seeping through my slippers. Sure enough the furnace was broken not giving off any of it’s warm comforting heat. I go upstairs shivering with every step, grab a blanket and wrap myself in its warmth as I call the furnace dude.  

I feed Ruckuss and the cats. Then go to make my coffee. As if not taking a nice warm shower wasn’t bad enough the coffee makers spits and sputters like my rickety old car I  had when I was a teenager.

“ Could this day get any worse?” I ask myself.

I get dressed and ready for my big meeting with the corporate director today. Of course on the worst day of my life. As I rush out of my freezing cold house to start my car I slip on the icy walkway and twist my ankle.

“Oh come on!!! Gosh that smarts. I have no time for this”.
fiction 0 comments challenge: Luck
Nora.F's picture

Just my luck day

fiction 0 comments challenge: 70°
Nora.F's picture

70 degrees

The perfect weather

70 degrees fahrenheit

Long golden hair

Beautiful blue eyes

The prettiest smile

The perfect weather

70 degrees fahrenheit

Always smiling

Always laughing

Always making others smile

The perfect weather

70 degrees fahrenheit

Splashing in the water

Hanging out with friends

Its summer and the weather is perfect

So play with your friends

And enjoy the perfect weather

fiction 0 comments challenge: Snow
Nora.F's picture

Falling Snow

The snow falls without a sound but yet it can still be heard. The wind is howling like a coyote but yet we refuse to listen for we have all heard these sounds before. The sounds of a winter night in Vermont. In the morning the roads get icy and the  wind is still howelling . No one dares go outside. Because whenever you step out of your door the air cuts through every layer that you have on like a thousand little knives. The temperatures drop below zero almost every day. The lakes freeze over and people begin to skate, a week after Thanksgiving. With the snow on the trees wieghing them down almost to the ground and the wind swaying them back and forth causes all to think that there will be no school. The weather in the Green Mountains can be strange but it can also be a beautiful thing when it comes to certain seasons.
fiction 0 comments challenge: Power
Nora.F's picture

Happiness

If I could choose one superpower that no one else could have I would choose to have the power of happiness. Everyone needs a little happiness in their lives. And if I had the power to shed that little amount of happiness on the world then I could feel even happier.

We all have a little sliver of happiness but no one can notice it because they cover it  up with their sadness that they have.But if happiness was given to each person in the simplest way they might forget about the sadness that we all share and we all might be able to have happy life and remember that we all have something to live for.   

Nora.F's picture

I will Always be here

I’m here but only you know. Only you can talk to and I can only talk to you. No else knows that I exist I am basically that imaginary friend that you had when you were little that would take the only other swing at recess and all the other kids would pick on you. But you grew out of that very fast because you didn’t want to grow up being known as the creepy one with the invisible friend. So every morning you would leave me at home and then we just kind of grew apart and you started hanging out with real people so I wasn’t important to you anymore but I was still there for you.
Nora.F's picture

My special talent

“This speech taste so good this speaker is very good” said Mike.

“What did you say”?

“The speech is good”.

“Oh I thought that you said it tasted good”.

Poor mike has been forced to hold in his darkest secret since he was at least seven. Nobody knows that he can taste words and hear colors except for his parents and his grandparents have it almost figured out. It has been passed down through generations. It can be good and it can be bad.

The good thing is is that Mike has a different way of interrupting things and he better understands things. Like if he is writing an essay and it tastes nasty then he knows that it is a bad essay but if it tastes good then well the essay is good.
Nora.F's picture

She's an odd one

“If the snow doesn’t start to fall in the twenty minutes this place is going to have me to deal with. Keep in mind that I do rule over all of you and can get all of you fired.”

“I swear if this kingdom makes one more wrong move I will have you all brought down do you understand me”

“Mother, Father is everything ok?”

“No sweat heart our servants aren’t doing their jobs properly”.