fiction 0 comments challenge: Home
samuelcorti's picture

home

Home it’s a place that you can feels safe talking about anything that comes to mind. Or is any place were family lives I’m not saying to live with them but you should help them and make sure that they are doing ok.
What my vision of home is, is a place that we should feel safe to express our opinion. A place that has people we love. A place that you can feel safe in general a place where you can talk about anything get teased slightly because they love you.  So home doesn’t need to be the place you grow up. It can be anywhere as long as there is someone there that you love.

poem 0 comments challenge: Pal
samuelcorti's picture

my friend

I get up slowly, my brain is still thinking about last night

last night I always talk to myself but this time it felt different.

Like someone was actually listening not responding but listening

listening not responding but still always hearing what I had to stay

not caring if it was good or bad not caring about anything.

I wish everyone was like this.

Not caring about what others had to say.

I’m not asking everyone to become friends

Friends everyone thinking the same thing

I wish i had just one person to talk to

one person that will listen to what I had to say

One person that doesn’t judge any one.

That person is me.

samuelcorti's picture

The Big Storm

I heard it on the news earlier. I told my parents that the eye wall was supposed to hit us right on. The didn’t listen to me, told me that wasn’t going to happen. It never had before. This didn’t convince me, and I was right.

We live in Key West and it was hurricane season. There was a category five hurricane. Coming right at us it was supposed to it us in three days time. They had already ordered evacuation. When we didn’t leave immediately I figured that we were just waiting for the traffic to go away. But then I realized that we would have left by now. I got scared. I asked when we were leaving and my parents answered “we aren’t going to leave.”

“Why”

I asked. My parents answered “because we’ve lived hear our entire lives so we are going to die hear.”

“But that’s not fair because I’m only eleven and I still have my whole life to live.”
fiction 1 comment challenge: Lost
samuelcorti's picture

mental battle

My eyes slowly drift open and register my surroundings. Then I panic. I can’t recognize anything I’m Lost. there are gigantic mountains all around me and I’m having a hard time breathing. I feel exhausted even though I just woke up. It has to be the high elevation but I don’t know how high I am. If I could only find a path or some trail that heads down the mountain.

I’m fighting this battle in my head and my body. My brain is telling my body to move and just keep moving but my legs won’t listen. Suddenly my brain turns against me and is telling me to close my eyes. Then after what seems like forever a path appears over the horizon that is going down my legs feel like led but my brain forces me to keep walking. After what feels like five hours but it’s really only been ten minutes I get to this path and slowly recover as I go down the mountain. However there are other problems to worry about like where I am and how to get home.   

fiction 0 comments challenge: Lost
samuelcorti's picture

mental battle

samuelcorti's picture

Young writers project week twent

I’m in a pet store. There are two pets that I want to get however the store closes in five minutes. So I need to make a decision quickly. The two pets are a cat and a really cute dog. I look from the dog to the cat this decision is very difficult for me because I’ve had a cat since i was very young. However the dog is very cute and I don’t want to leave him there. The manager of the store comes over to me and tells me that I have ninety seconds left. So I hurry and take the cat because I know how to take care  of them and I will be able to leave the cat alone because it can function by it self when I leave it alone.

fiction 0 comments challenge: Power
samuelcorti's picture

the best power

Power what superpower would I choose if I could get one. It has got to be that if anyone talks talks about you behind your back or say something mean about you they’d say it in first person. So if Bob said to me that I was a jerk but used name he’d be calling himself a jerk. So all of the mean kids that call me names will be calling themselves that name but hecatch is it would only work for me and no one else. It also only works on school days so if i get called a jerk on a weekend they would call me a jerk. But it would be fine because i will say that they a jerk then make then second guess themselves by asking if I really was so it would be the best super power.

samuelcorti's picture

the argument

Fighting words

Samuel corti
    I walked into the Library one day and Tobin Durham was also in the library. He was checking out a book and I was going to take a book test and get a new book as well. We just had our last cross country meet of the season last Saturday and we are both very stubborn people. I beat Tobin at that meet and he didn’t want to admit it. Kelean who hadn’t be able to be at that meet because of ski practice had walked up to us and asked us what we were arguing about I told him we were arguing about the race last Saturday. He wanted to know what happened because Tobin who had had some close calls with me almost beating him before hasn’t told his brothers or parents ha he got beat by me so I told Kelean what had happened han he immediately agreed with me that I beat him. So it kept going and oddly enough there wasn’t any swearing and the librayans didn’t notice it was going on.
    The argument was like this Tobin
samuelcorti's picture

election 2018

The U.S.A.

Samuel Corti
The United states is getting more polarized and worse by the minute the country is going downhill fast so we need to elect someone who will deal with global warming. And  the polarization. Racism is also a big problem and yes it still exists. It is mostly people who don’t realize or don’t know there is doing it. Global warming is also a problem because it has been getting worse and will get worse if someone won’t start doing something about it. I want someone to get elected that will start dealing with global warming.

People say that Americans are dumb and there is no denying it we are we are pushing the boundaries of our own Constitution by allowing blacks to vote and women the right to vote but treating blacks horribly saying racist stuff that 90%of the population knows it is offensive and racist.     

samuelcorti's picture

Young writers project week six