MedeaDaly's picture

The Kidnaping Forest.

I press the button right above my head that opens the trunk, a swift breeze of cold air blows through the back of my car. My dog is so excited and jumps out before the trunk is fully open. I grab the black puffy coat sitting in the tan leather passenger seat, as I realize I'll be needing it after all. I open the door and swing my legs out. My thin calves and thighs instantly go cold, and? not even thick, black leggings can keep them warm. I step out of my new white car. I zip up my bright yellow sweatshirt and my black puffy coat. I hook my dog up to her leash and walk out into the beautiful red, yellow and sprinkles of light green woods. I begin to walk down the path of crunchy sticks and leave. I wish that they were crisper, but they’re not quite as crisp and crunchy as they will be in a few weeks.
MedeaDaly's picture

The Kidnaping Forest.

MedeaDaly's picture

Winter night

I roll crunching, damp snow in to a big, almost square, circle, I take my big mitten and smooth it to a ball. I chop the bottom so it can stand up right on top of the other two balls. I scamper inside as quiet as I can, and grab a carrot, and ten raisins. I shuffle back outside leaving a little trail of melting snow behind. As I place the carrot in the hole I made for the nose, and the raisins for the eyes, I hear a voice call out,

“Dinners ready, make sure you leave your snowy clothes on the heated mudroom floor.” I quickly kick the snowman over and stomp on him. As I take off all my wet, cold, snow clothes, I kick off my boots and run to the dinner table to see what’s for dinner. Tonight my parents have made a big piece of ham, with root vegetables completed with a side of rice and rolls.