Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019, Submission by Angel from Igniting Writing

Entry number 16 for the ‘Explore’ themed teen creative writing session, led by Igniting Writing, Fighting Words, Young Writers Project and Lake Erie Ink, has been submitted. It was sent in by Angel, our longest standing Igniting Writing group member, and is a well written short story titled ‘The Three Generation Exploration’. It’s got some great emotion built into the story, with a protagonist that it’s impossible not to empathise for, and is really nicely paced, so check it out by reading the whole piece below:

This may be my final entry after my short time exploring the world for a cure. It is going to be written in a different way than what I usually do. Maybe the more story like I can make it, the less real this life will seem. I don’t know how else I will have the courage to write what I am about to tell you.
Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019, Submission by Alex from Igniting Writing

We’re up to 15 entries for our ‘Explore’ themed teen creative writing competition, led in tandem by Igniting Writing, Lake Erie Ink, Fighting Words and young Writers Project. This submission was sent in by Alex, one of our newest members of Igniting Writing but despite only recently joining she’s really shown her writing talent. Her entry is titled ‘Us and Our Game’ and is an unsettling read, with a slow build up of tension that creates a threatening atmosphere without ever explicitly revealing where the threat comes from. It’s well worth a read, so check it out for yourself below:
Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019, Submission by Katie from Igniting Writing

The ‘Explore’ themed teen creative writing contest, led by Igniting Writing, Lake Erie Ink, Fighting Words and Young Writers Project, is now up to 14 entries! Our fourteenth submission was sent in by Katie, one of our regular group members at Igniting Writing sessions, and her piece is titled ‘First Encounters’. It’s a fascinating read, with some brilliant characterisation and a prologue-like feel that potentially lays the groundwork for the story to be extended with further chapters - or maybe that’s just wishful thinking, hoping to see more of this world and these characters! Either way, have a read of Katie’s submission below:
Alex Baker's picture

Alex Baker's picture

Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019 winner. Submission by Katie from Igniting Writing

Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019, Submission by ‘Mythicalquill’ from Young Writers Project

Another new contest entry to our ‘Explore’ themed creative writing competition, led by Igniting Writing, Lake Erie Ink, Young Writers Project and Fighting Words. This is submission number 13 and was sent in by a member of the Young Writers Project group with the handle ‘Mythicalquill’. The piece is titled ‘Bliss’ and does a great job at building in beautiful descriptions and a clever little twist, so have a read of the piece below:
Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019, Submission by ‘Kira_Collins88’ from Young Writers Project

Submission number 12 has been received for our ‘Explore’ themed teen creative writing contest, led jointly by Igniting Writing, Lake Erie Ink, Young Writers Project and Fighting Words. It was sent in by ‘Kira_Collins88′, another user from Young Writers Project, and it’s an interesting tale titled ‘The Lion’s Odyssey’. There’s an interesting narrative voice and an intriguing plotline, so have a read for yourself below:
Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019, Submission by ‘Lady Midnight’ from Young Writers Project

Entry number 11 for our ‘Explore’ themed teen creative writing contest, led in tandem by Igniting Writing, Fighting Words, Young Writers Project and Lake Erie Ink, was submitted by user user of the Young Writers Project website who goes by the name ‘Lady Midnight’. The submission is a melancholy poem titled ‘Introspective’, which has some soulful language, so have a read below: 

Alone but not lonely
The world’s mine for the taking
I wonder how
To pretend I’m not breaking
I used to dream in colors
But they’ve faded away
I stand at imagination’s gates
The only color in my grey
My movie is ending
The stars share one last kiss
Popcorn thrown on the floor
Each kernel, a wish.
In my head I’m falling
I speak in rose petals
My smile’s full of sunshine
But encased in cold metal.
The future, the past
It’s all a big blur
I want things as they will be
Not as they were.
Alex Baker's picture

Igniting Writing ‘Explore’ Contest 2019, Submission by Thenushan from Igniting Writing

Hot off the presses, we’ve now received entry number nine for our teen creative writing contest on the theme of ‘Explore’. Jointly led by Igniting Writing and three other creative writing clubs for teens (Lake Erie Ink, Fighting Words and Young Writers Project), the competition is in full swing and this most recent submission was sent in by Thenushan, one of our regular attendees of Igniting Writing sessions. Thenushan’s entry is titled ‘The UFO’ and has a lot of fun, fast-paced humour, so have a read below: