Aidan Warner's picture

EKG Invention

In every emergency room, there is an EKG or Electro-Cardio-Gram. My dad, a nurse in training and emergency responder says that “they need wireless EKGs”. The job of the EKG is to measure someone’s electrical heart activity via electrodes on your body. The problem with this is that the electrodes are not wireless. A wireless EKG would make readings easier and faster to access. Untangling the electrodes wires is meticulous and takes to long. A way to fix this is to have the EKG transmit a signal that only the electrodes pick up on and then start reading via a circuit board in the electrode. It is a simple yet useful fix to the wires.

Aidan Warner's picture

Carnival Joker

It was about three years ago but I remember it like it just happened. A carnival had come to our little town of Brookwood, known for its paranormal activity. My homeroom teacher Mr. Marcus said that it was a traveling circus but it was there in the time I was at school. They had set it up in the plaza just south of my school and east of my house. My friends Maurice and Jackson said that we should go and “scope it out”. I thought that it was silly and dumb because we were all 17 but it felt natural to go. So around 8:00 our trio was on our way there when all of a sudden I blacked out then as fast as that happened I was back at my house, sitting on the couch. I had a $20 in my pocket and in my left hand was a blood red coin. It said “Carnival of delight” on it and had an emblem of a joker on it.

Aidan Warner's picture

Fifteen

Aidan Warner's picture

Wishes

Wishes 
Aidan W.

Tomorrow I wish to wake up to a clear sky and an easy day, when I get home everyone will have had a good day. On my 25th birthday I wish that I will be in good shape and be making a decent amount of money and be happy. On my 50th birthday I wish that I will have a good family and not be stressed. I will have lots of money and be able to get along fine. My house will be a good size with a beautiful view and a big porch. There will be no wars and flying cars will be modern.

Aidan Warner's picture

A Do-Over

A do-over
       Two weekends ago it was youth hunting season. I have a shack that overlooks a food plot. It was 7:10 in the morning on Saturday. A doe walks out of the left side tree line. Pranced around a little and that was odd, but I wasn’t paying attention to that. The Doe (looking around 120 pounds) turns broadside and I put my gun up. I put the black hunting rifle out the window and line up the crosshairs. Breathe in, breathe out. I squeeze the trigger and the gun goes off. The Doe drops to the ground on the spot. I look back out a minute later and there it is. A Spikehorn probably about 150 pounds, a good deer and I missed the chance to shoot it.

Aidan Warner's picture

Perfect

Perfect Day
The perfect day starts with a good yawn and not being sleepy at all. Yet out of bed and the shower is a perfect temp. No messy hair and I bike down to the bus stop. The air is just right and while standing still it feels like there was never any wind. I listen to my favorite songs on the bus to school and when I get there I hang out with my friends. Have one test and I get 100% on it. I have mac & cheese for lunch and after school go to my best friend's house and mess around. We play magic and destiny, jump around on a trampoline and relax. I go home and play frisbee with my siblings then ride the four-wheeler. Go to bed and fall asleep in two minutes.
-Aidan W.

Aidan Warner's picture

A Winter Night

Aidan Warner's picture

Clearing

Clearing
    Those things are hot on my trail, they've been tracking me ever since I stepped foot in this place. I knew it was a bad idea the moment I went for that hike in the caves. The trees had three large scratches on each, but I thought nothing of it at the time. Now I'm going to die from those things, they walked on all fours and had claws the length of a hand. The moment I saw them I ran. They look like werewolves I guess. But there it is, a clearing I'm almost there. The “werewolves” are right on my trail but they seem to be afraid of sunlight. And that's when I see it. A clearing. Thud. almost there, Thud. A little bit more. One of them grabs my leg and instantly I'm being pulled into the darkness of the cave, I scream for help but I know no one will hear. This is the end for me.

Aidan W.

Aidan Warner's picture

Colors

Colors
If I were to rename a 12 pack of crayons the Dark Red would be Crimson Catastrophe.  Bright Red could be Coke Can or Ketchup. Bright Orange would be Mashed Mango or maybe Sweetpotato. Dark Orange might be something like Cooling Lava and maybe Sunset. My Yellow would be called Sulfur and Green would be called Chlorophyll. Light Blue is Faraway Mountains and Dark Blue has to be Clear Sky. Black can be Carbon and Dark Grey is Lava Rock. Light Grey is Rain Cloud and lastly Purple being Amethyst.
Aidan W.

fiction 0 comments challenge: Risk
Aidan Warner's picture

Sking

Risk
    Sking, when I was first learning to ski it was rather difficult to stay balenced. I would fall over time and time again getting backup and going down the tinyest hill known to man. The boots are built so you cant move your ankels because the skis become your feet, and the skis dont come on or off easly. Walking around with just the boots is diffucult to get used to, seeing as you cant move your ankles. I dont remember much about sking when I was younger but I remember the first time I stopped sidways, that was a very big risk. In order to stop like that you need to turn sidways quickly. If you do it wrong you will just go sidways down the track. Sking is all about risk, if you want to get better you need to trust in yourself to do better.