Grace._.'s picture

Alive

I feel alive when I am outside all by myself. There is a certain silence that makes me feel extremely calm. This feeling of serenity is also mixed with thankfulness. I complain about where I live a lot. Sure it can be cold, muddy, and it smells like cow manure all the time. However, it is undeniable that Vermont is gorgeous. From the freshness of the air to the trees in the fall, it has a certain elegance that I admire. This natural beauty makes me feel thankful to be there in that moment with nothing but myself and the rolling Vermont hills. 
Grace._.'s picture

A Winter Poem

Winter sunsets are gorgous

Although they are rare,

They are the most lovely

Sitting under a vast sky

Filled with naypalm clouds

And the sun 

It casts a unique gleam over the pearly snow

It has and orange, golden hue

Almost like a fire within the snow

It looks so warm

But it’s not 

It is the type of cold that makes your face feel numb in the best way

All it takes is a sip of hot chocolate to feel warm again

A sensation of balmy sweetness 

Courses through your veins with every taste

Then it starts to snow

Each flake different

Falling upon the quiet earth 

Leaving a cold blanket 

Signifying that it is time for the earth to go to sleep

There is no time like winter

The silence

The serenity

The feeling that it is okay to be silent. 
Grace._.'s picture

One Haunted Night

I can’t remember the last time I felt safe traveling down Webster Avenue. There was just such an eerie, cold feeling when I would drive by. In most neighborhoods one sees children riding bikes, dogs being walked, and old ladies tending to their gardens. None of this ever happened on “Wacky Webster” as the locals call it. You’d never see anyone outside, which made it look abandoned. The only thing that signified that anyone still lived there was when the lights were turned on at night. I swear the people that live on Webster Avenue must be nocturnal or something. If you dare to drive by at night, almost every single light in the neighborhood is turned on. I made the mistake of doing exactly that one crisp October night. The wind was howling and so was my dog, riding shotgun in my Chevy Silverado. He knew he had to go to the vet, so he was trying to make me feel guilty. It didn’t work though.
Grace._.'s picture

Shape Shifter

They said that words have power, but I doubted it was true.

I wanted to shapeshift for a day 

just to be with you

I wanted to be the pencil you hold in every class

I wanted to be the flower you lifted from the grass

I wanted to be the sunshine, brightening your day

Chasing away your hurt with every iridescent ray

They said that words have power, and now I know it’s true

I whispered that all I wanted was to be someone to you

Shapeshifting is limitless

Powerful

And free

But it simply means nothing if you aren’t beside me

Grace._.'s picture

Shape Shifter

I wanted to shapeshift for a day 

just to be with you

Shapeshifting is limitless

Powerful

And free

Grace._.'s picture

One Step At a Time

As a very wise woman once said, "I've always been famous it's just no one knew it yet."(Lady Gaga). I love to paint. It is one of my favorite hobbies and I love expressing myself on anything I can get my paintbrushes on. The main reason I have been painting is for relaxation, but one of my hopes is to eventually become famous on an application by the name of Tik Tok. It is an app where one can make any type of short video one wants. In my case, I would really enjoy making short painting videos that show me working on a variety of projects. Although it is hard to become famous on Tik Tok, I believe that I could do it. The first step I would like to take to do so would be to post a bunch of videos. Many people have said that the more one posts, the more views, and followers one gets. This brings up the question of how to make my videos interesting. I will try to incorporate some relaxing music in these shot art clips to make whoever is watching feel serene and calm.
Grace._.'s picture

I Love Me

It is hard for a teenage girl to love herself in this day and age. With all of the standards we are expected to live up too, it can be tough. In a world full of haters, sometimes one needs to take a step back and just realize how amazing they are.
Grace._.'s picture

Breaking the Ice

There you are, minding your own business when the new girl who happens to be drop dead gorgeous sits at a desk across from you. She has only been attending your school for 1 day so she is sort of shy. Bad news… so are you. You and your socially awkward self starts to sweat, and sweat, and sweat, and then sweat a little more. You keep sweating profusely until New Girl scrunches her nose, looks over at you, and gets out of her seat to escape the overwhelming scent of B.O. You don’t blame her. If you could move away from yourself right now… you would. To make things even more hopeless, she goes and sits next to “hot boy Chad”. He is the captain of the soccer team and as much as you hate to admit it, he’s a total hunk! Boys want to be him and girls want to be with him. The only thing he lacks is a brain. Oh no! Chad turns to the new girl and starts talking. It only takes New Girl a few minutes to start batting her eyelashes, biting her bottom lip, and playing with her hair.