nfarnham's picture

The Choice

The Choice
    I stood at the edge of the road thinking of which way I wanted to run home. Should I go the faster way or should I take the long way? I needed to get home soon and because tomorrow was a big day. But if I took the short way I wouldn’t have time to think. And what I needed was time. I needed more time. More time to decide on what to do. What if I made the wrong choice and lost what I wanted most? But could I honestly choose a boy over school? The best school in the entire world? I had wanted to go to Harvard since I was a little kid. It has been my dream school since I first started going to school. I had waited so long for this day. 
nfarnham's picture

15 Words

Describing myself in 15 words…
Chill

Outgoing

Caring

Loving

Smart

Funny

Independent

Sympathetic 

Understanding

Adventurous

Compassionate

Determined

Honest

Energetic

Generous

And that’s how I would describe myself in 15 words.

nfarnham's picture

Three Wishes

My wish for tomorrow is that they will find a cure for all diseases. That everyone will be healed. No one will die from diseases anymore. My wish for my 25th birthday is that all of the world problems will be solved. My last wish on my 50th birthday will be that I can be with my family in a house that I like.

nfarnham's picture

The Unspoken Words

I stood at the edge of the cliff looking down at him. I stared at him for a moment until it became uncomfortable and then looked away. We both knew what we had to do. It was the only option we had. The only one that would work. 

We both knew we couldn’t say a word because of what would happen. There were rules that were put in place to protect us from talking. To make plans with each other. To communicate at all with anyone. 

We looked at each other again and turned around and bolted to the door. We had to stop this and it had to stop now. 

nfarnham's picture

Waves

I walk along the edge of the ocean dipping my feet into the cold water. I run my hands through my hair and sigh. It has been three weeks since the accident. I should be getting better at holding this in. 

I walk a few feet into the water and look out at the sun rising slowly in the distance turning the sky red, orange, and then finally pink. I walk further out until the water is just above my waist. 

Would the accident gone better if I had been there for her? No, obviously not. It would have gone bad either way but I should have been there no matter what. 

I stare out at the waves seeing how the move in such perfect grace. There is no  mistakes and it goes where it wants. I wish that everything in life could be as simple as the waves.

nfarnham's picture

The Surprise

Okay so I’ve been planning this party for weeks now. No months! My best friends Ally is turning 16! I have been planning and planning this party for and wanted her to have the best time at it. I invited our entire class and all of our friends. I even invited the kid no one liked. Nelson. Everyone hated him. He was so mean and he always picked on the younger kids. I invited him because I didn’t want him to feel bad. I hated excluding people. 

Okay anyway back to the story. I had asked everyone to come and had made everyone promise not to say a word to Ally about it. Everyone had promised except for Nelson. He just nodded his head and walked away smiling. I had hoped he wouldn’t say anything to her and I didn’t think he would until the other night when we were at a party and he got mad at someone. 

Three days earlier at the party
    “I am going to tell everyone about the party! Even Ally!” Nelson shouted above the music. 
nfarnham's picture

If everything goes well

Tomorrow, I hope…
        Tomorrow I hope that everything goes well. I hope that the sun shines bright on the snow. I hope that I wake up happy ready to go to school. I hope that I do well on my tests. I hope that I get to read my book. I hope that one day I will go to college and become the doctor I want to be. 

I hope that the day goes well for everyone else. I hope that my friends are happy and do well throughout the day no matter what they do. I hope that it snows on the ice-covered roads.     I hope when I walk outside the wind blows gently through my hair. I hope that the stars will shine bright against the black sky. 

Tomorrow I hope everything goes well. Of course, by saying this is will go all wrong but tomorrow I hope it all goes well. 

nfarnham's picture

Thank you

Someone I have reverence for is my mother. I  may not always show it and I might act like a brat to her but she is one of my favorite people in the entire world. She does so much for me and my siblings. She never shows how hard it is to take care of us sometimes especially when we fight with each other over stupid little thing. 

She makes sure we have everything we need and is always there for us. Whenever we need her she drops what she is doing to give us what we want. She makes sure we are happy and does her best to get us everything we need. She one of the few people I trust and will never let me down. Thank you so much for being there. I want to be just like you when I grow up. 

nfarnham's picture

A Winter Waiting

I stand at the edge of the mountain waiting to ski down. I have waited to do this for the entire year. I love skiing and to only be able to do it for a few months and then have to wait is excruciating. It is like waiting for the first snowfall. You wait all year and the excitement builds up and then you can’t wait anymore. 

I breathe in the fresh, cool mountain air as I start to go down the mountain. It feels natural, like riding a bike or swimming. I ski all of the way down hoping I don’t crash like I did last year. I get to the bottom and laugh with joy. I have waited and finally, I get to do what I love again. 

nfarnham's picture

Is it the Right Choice?

“You can have one wish to change something that has happened today.” The Angel said, hovering above me. 

I thought quickly about everything that has happened today. There are so many things I wanted to change. Like how Alec had died and Isabel was sick and all of the children who had rushed into the realm unskilled to fight the demons. 

“You don’t have that much time.” The Angel warned me. 

I shook my head trying to think of the thing I wanted most. And then it hit me. To make all of this stop I need to make it all go away. But was it worth it? To lose all of my friends and this whole magical world that no one knew about to save humans. Could I do that to myself? Make everyone else safe and happy while I was here with no one anymore. But wait. 

There was one more thing. I could separate the worlds instead of ending this one.