dylan dickerson's picture

Annie

Annie

Hi, my name is Annie and on Friday, July 9, 1987, something happened that changed my life forever. I was sitting on my doorstep when I saw my friend Nia. We decided to go to the beach and we saw my brother Alex.  He was the lifeguard on duty. Nia and I decided to go swim, so we had to go get changed. Once we were in our swimsuits, we finally got into the water. We wanted to have a race to see who could swim the fastest. So, we swam to the floating thing in the water (that is what I called it) and I got there first. Nia Got there to a few seconds after me. Then we heard a scream!
SHARK! OUT OF THE WATER NOW! I was… I was shocked and I couldn’t move. Nia started swimming as fast as she could. I finally could move and I swam as fast as I could. Everyone was out and we were almost there. Niawasalmost at the shore and I was still far away. I was so close and then… he got me. I yelled, “HELP! HE HAS ME!” the lifeguards jumped in.
     H
           E
dylan dickerson's picture

Ocean

Ocean
Forever lost, in the silence of the wind.
 Waves crash like tears down my eyes.

Sounds fill my ears
With freedom in the skies.

Sailboats glide in the water.
Sand overflows between my toes.

Seagulls soar right by
While different smells fill my nose.

Plastic everywhere, about 5 trillion pieces.
Ocean animals are getting hurt.

You might not think it
But we’re treating them like dirt.

Dolphins, turtles, whales
Fishes, eels, and jellyfishes.

Picking up one piece of plastic 
It is like giving hugs and kisses.

dylan dickerson's picture

My Story

My Story
Hi, my name is Jackie and when I was 16 I was diagnosed with cancer. I was in the hospital for a long time but luckily I was still fighting. On Sunday, March 2, 2012, at 9:46 am I got the best news of my life. But first, let me tell you how it started. It was almost my birthday and I was going to turn 17. On Monday, March 2, 2011, at 7:30 pm I was doing my homework for math and then I crashed. I fell to the ground and was unconscious. My mom said she came into my room and thought I was sleeping. She tried to wake me up for dinner (she was making my favorite, hamburgers) but I wouldn’t wake up. Then I was in a hospital room unconscious. 
I woke up a few hours later and I was scared out of my mind. I did not know where I was and my mom was crying next to me like the world was ending. A lot of months passed but it felt like three years had passed. 
dylan dickerson's picture

The story

The Story
Hi, my name is Dylan and I’m about to tell you the story about JoJo the elephant tamer and Dylan the horse whisperer. First, I need to tell you a little bit about Johana the elephant tamer. She loves elephants and she has four siblings. She has a sister and three brothers. Her dad is the pastor of my church and she lives two houses down from me. She has black hair and her beautiful skin is like coffee with a drop of creamer. 
Now, I love horses. That's why my name is Dylan the horse whisperer. I have four siblings. I have a sister and three brothers. My dad is a police officer and my mom is a teacher. I have dirty blond hair and my skin looks like coffee with even more creamer. Now let’s begin the story!
dylan dickerson's picture

Lost

Lost

Where am I? It’s so dark.
 Am I in a dream? Light needs to spark.

“Hello someone, help!”
All I do is scream and yelp.

Please, I want to go back home
 I can hear my mom saying my name.

I feel like I am trapped
y have emotions snapped.

They come back again,
But this time I am filled with pain.

“Mom I am here, please don’t leave.”
I feel like I have chains on me, like a slave.

There’s no way out.
All I want to do is scream and shout.

Where do I go? 
Thoughts in my head are starting to overflow.

Bye family, this is the end.
Goodbye best friend.

Bye…
It was just a dream...

dylan dickerson's picture

World record

My World Record
If I could complete a world record it would be standing on 2 horses with horses under them.
What I mean is, one of my feet is going to be on one horse and the other is going to be on the other horse. There is going to be a horse under horse 1 and one under horse 2. No one has ever done this before, so I want to be the first.
I love horses and it has always been my dream to have one. So if I could complete this world record, it would be amazing. It will probably take a little bit of time to train the horses. I think I could do it. I would also need to find an arena where I could bring my horses to rain them. This would probably take at least a year to complete the training.
dylan dickerson's picture

Mouse

Dylan's Mouse Diary
If you find this diary do NOT read it...ok
This book belongs to Dylan Dickerson
Dear Diary,
Hi, my name is Dylan and this is my mouse diary. I am going to tell you what happened at school today. Well, technically it was 3 days ago but we will get to that later. First, let's start off with my friends:
Quincy: smart, funny, hockey player
David: not smart, fast, soccer player
Avery: popular, cheerleader, pretty
Elliott: soccer player, athletic, nice
Kiara: reader, outgoing, bossy
ME…?
So, let’s start from the beginning. I woke up at 5:56 this morning. I then woke up again at 5:57 am, 5:58 am and then I was up. I went to the kitchen and my mom made me some toast and eggs. When I finished my breakfast I got dressed and rushed out the door. When I got to school everyone was there. 
dylan dickerson's picture

I like

I Like…..
I like it when my mom holds me tight.
I don’t like it when I get scared of the dark, dark night.
I like it when the flowers bloom. 
I don’t like it when all my plans go “kaboom.” 
I like it when the wind blows me away.
I don’t like it when people think of me as a stray.
I like it when the sky is clear and blue.
I don’t like it when I don’t get to see you.
Over, under, in and out,
Yes or no, there is nothing I haven’t read about.
Thanks for reading my story.
You will have peace for the rest of your life and glory.
By, Dylan

dylan dickerson's picture

Choice

Once upon a time, there was a dragon. Not just an ordinary dragon, a pet dragon. He has blue spots covering his body and a purple tongue. His name is Bobby McFlobby. He had to decide if he wanted to stay with his owner (me, Dylan) or be free and wild. Wait, let me tell you how it really started.
 He was walking down the stream on a fine morning when he saw a flamingo flying! He got really jealous, so he tried it for himself. He jumped off the cliff on the left side of him and failed. So, he ended up trying again five more times but he kept falling off and eventually broke his wing.
 Bobby McFlobby decided to go home to get doctored. I was there waiting for him to start crying but instead, he came with sadness. He said that he didn’t want to be with me anymore because he wants to be with the other dragons. I said that he was old enough to leave me, but he had to write me a letter every week!
dylan dickerson's picture

Wind

Wind

I am so delicate on this fine day.
People say I howl like a wolf through the darkness 
And I am telling you it is going to be okay.
But sometimes I just have loneliness.

At night I get deeper and deeper 
And my path keeps getting steeper and steeper.
“Hi people. How are you?”
All I get is an “Achoo.” I say bless you.

I am me and not you.
Please don’t treat me badly, 
I don’t want to treat you badly too.
Sometimes I don’t know where I am,
 I had lost the sea.
But sometimes I know exactly 
where I am supposed to be. 

Dylan Dickerson