Black and White

Let's Laugh

The smell of bleach filled my nostrils as the feel of a rough paper towel against my hand scraped against my skin as I wiped down my desk. After covering the desk in the strange smelling solution I swung my backpack over my back, sighing at the load that I couldn’t get rid of because lockers were no longer allowed. I bounded down the halls trying to keep up with my friends as they walked a few steps in front of me.

“Six feet ladies!” I heard one of the teachers call out as they walked past us. I conceded and took a few large steps away from my friends but ended up running into another girl from my grade.

She glared at me, “Sorry,” I muttered, not knowing if she heard me because of the mask wrapped around my face. I continued down the hallway alone, having lost my friends in the crowd, I finally walked into my classroom and sat down at my assigned table. 

Let's laugh

The smell of bleach filled my nostrils and a rough paper towel scraped against my skin as I wiped down my desk. After covering the desk in the strange smelling solution I swung my backpack over my back, sighing at the load that I couldn’t get rid of because lockers were no longer allowed. I bounded down the halls trying to keep up with my friends as they walked a few steps in front of me.

“Six feet, ladies!” I heard one of the teachers call out as they walked past us. I conceded and took a few large steps away from my friends but ended up running into another girl from my grade.

She glared at me. “Sorry,” I muttered, not knowing if she heard me because of the mask wrapped around my face. I continued down the hallway alone, having lost my friends in the crowd, I finally walked into my classroom and sat down at my assigned table. 

Election Day #2

The results are in
the winner must have been declared
as the fate of our nation
hangs in the balance

I thought this as checking
for the tenth time today
But nothing has changed
I anounced forlornly

Joe Biden's in the lead
I declared during lunch
my friends all nodding with a grin

Only 6 points to go
I hollered out in the halls
teachers giving me side glares
and my fellow classmates smiling

When will they finish their results?
I called out at home
my face red from ranting

We had waited too long for this
I thought
As our nation is falling to pieces

Change must happen I typed on instagram
the reactions coming in immediatley
Yes they do they responded
smiley faces accompying

I fell asleep with a frown
I can't explain why
But I knew that there was a reason

Maybe it's because I know

Flowers

Keys

The metal felt cool in her hand
The rusted metal scratching against her skin
Did she have her tetanus shot?
Probably not

The key was a dark gray
The head was ornate and decorated with curls
It was old, she could tell
It was thin enough to snap

The lock in front of her looked inviting
The key also seemed to be drawn to its stationary counterpart
So she stepped forward
Scratch, click

The lock scratched against the key
The key clicked into the lock
She turned the key, unlocking the door and pulled the door open
A scream echoed around the room

Cupcakes

Sunflowers