fiction 0 comments challenge: Name
MaryAliceVeracka's picture

Veracka

Veracka

My name comes from my father’s side of the family. This comes from my grandfather who is Lithuanian. The name has Lithuanian origins. The original form of my last name I was told when I was little is Vidivaska. My mother’s last name is Kelleher and it comes from Ireland my mom and grandmother and grandfather all very Irish. There is a town in Ireland called Kelleher.  My first name Mary is just something my parents liked. I had a great aunt named Mary, who was part of the reason I was named Mary. Most of my family thought I was going to be a boy so they had the name Adam ready to go.

MaryAliceVeracka's picture

The Pandemic

Mary Veracka

My experience with the pandemic was not horrible. I didn't mind quarantining with online schooling. I got to be around my family more. Even though I couldn't see my friends and couldn't go out places, we made the best out of it. I had my phone so I could always call or text my friends. I got to hang out with my sisters and parents more. Having phones was a blessing during this time because without our phones I never could have talked to my friends.