ChocolateLilac's picture

Willow Park

True to its name, Blackberry woods bordered the neighbouring houses with a thick, prickly cover of berry bushes. From the outside, it seems that some pine trees and blackberries are the only things worth noticing. However, once you navigate deeper through these bushes and and walk through a small trail hidden between the thorns and spikes, the soil underfoot becomes more rich and moist. The fir trees grew taller and taller as ferns sprang up to cover the woodland floor. Walk on a bit further and you would see tiny rivulets of spring water inching its way around the dirt-covered rocks and roots. Every one of these rivulets would eventurally join eachother, forming a stream that carved its path through the woods and ferns until it leapt down a drop. I was only twelve years old when I first dared to venture inside the woods.
ChocolateLilac's picture

ouch

ChocolateLilac's picture

Customer service

Hearing footsteps approching the couch, Ember looked up from her laptop. Her sister April stood beside their ring-stained coffee table. She was wearing her workout clothes, a pair of  black shorts, a light pink T-shirt, with her brown hair tied back into a short ponytail to finish. “Whatcha doing?” April asked. 

“Finishing up my chemistry assignment.” Ember said, closing her laptop. “Are you off to the tennis court?”

“Yep! Do you wanna come with? It’s really sunny out.”

“Maybe later, I’m just gonna take a break.”  All the equations and formulas are still rattling around in her head, god she needed a break.

Instead of leaving, April seemed to be contemplating something. 
ChocolateLilac's picture

The story told at that Thanksgiving dinner

Scott was driving down Jonhaby lane, going by his usual route through the forest. To a bus driver, Thanksgiving weekends were always busy. Men and women of different careers rushing home to be with their families. Unlike them, Scott was unattached to the fickle bonds of family. All that mattered to him now were his hourly wages and the fact that he was currently running late to his last stop. 
It was then when he heard a mini explosion under his feet. A tire has popped, the remaining wheels squealed as they struggled to keep the moving bus on the unpaved road. Scott jolted up and gripped the wheels with a steady hand. It took a few moments before the bus stopped completely, the wheels came slowly to a halt in muddy tracks. 
Scott immediately got out of the bus to inspect the damage. His front tires were nothing but skins of limp rubber hanging over the wheel. That’s odd, Scott didn’t see anything that could’ve damaged his tires to this extent.