poem challenge: Concerts
Summit House-WCS's picture

Concerts

Concerts,

I love concerts weather their rock, ray gay, funk or pop.   

I love dressing up in outfits that are sure to make people's eyes drop.

I love doing everyones make up and my own, I put lots of glitter on top.

I love the car ride there, everyones eager and when the car pulls to a stop . . . we all hop out and race to the gates where so much fun awaits.

I love checking in, the security greets us with the warmest smiles while they give us our bracelets or sharpy marks.

After exchanging kind remarks as we walk in.

I love entering concerts, when we enter I am flashed with colorful lights and sparkly outfits. 
I love outside concerts.  

I love shopping at the tents, you can find tapestries, crystals, beautiful pottery  creations, class blown pipes and bongs, massages, tie dye clothes, and tons of band merch.
Summit House-WCS's picture

A Special Diner

I walked into the nearly empty diner and was hit by the strong smell of Windex burning the inside of my nose. My face furrowed at the familiar chemical-y scent brought upon the vibrant blue cleaner drenching the windows. 

White lights beamed down below from the long flickering fixtures up above, hanging onto the grease-stained ceiling. Whisps of timeless jazz seem to trickle from the vintage jukebox lying in the corner. No one was to be seen in the front, rows of empty bright red booths lined the ceramic checkered flooring of the diner lying empty. Only a shell of the diner I once spent trying to conceal myself from the scorching summers, ordering milkshakes and sundaes to cool off, away from the blazing sun. Or the diner I’d curl up in during frigid winters, always asking for a warm cup of hot chocolate with exactly 5 marshmallows bobbing around in the mug.
fiction challenge: Perfect Day
Summit House-WCS's picture

The Perfect Day

The perfect day for me would have to be this:

7:00 A.M: Wake up. I would wake up at 7:00 A.M so I could go to Universal Studios and visit Hogwarts and Marvel Studio at 9:00 AM. After I get out of bed I would shower and get dressed as a Harry Potter Character (Most likely a Hufflepuff). After I got dressed I would do my makeup and clean the hotel room. At 8:00 A.M I would take a bus and walk to Universal Studios with my family and my best friend would come too and so would my  whole entire extended family. 

9:00 A.M: We would arrive and visit Marvel Studio first and eat at the Captain America Diner and eat the Mickey Mouse pancakes with fruit and cranberry juice which is considered a delicacy. 
essay challenge: Sailing
Summit House-WCS's picture

Sailor's Granddaughter

Since I was little, I have always loved sailing. The rush, the speed, everything about it. I’ve had my fair share of Titanic moments, but they’ve all ended in laughter. Sailing teaches me so much and I truly value every moment. My memories on the sailboat are some of my favorites.

My dream is to retire and live on a sailboat. I will have to work hard for many years, and save every penny. It will not be easy. That's why I want it so bad. The harder the lesson the more you learn in the end.
 There's so many places waiting for me to explore them. I think that if my dream ever comes true (which is unlikely) I will want to go somewhere tropical. I think my first adventure would be to go to Costa Rica, and travel as far as I can. 
fiction challenge: Sailing
Summit House-WCS's picture

Bye Bye Boat

Fresh, new, and shiny! She was beautiful. Her name is Sally and she is my brand new sailboat. My last sailboat, Cali, got destroyed on my existing sailing trip that I took with my best friend across the greek seas. It was a long trek across the world, but we made it. Sadly the boat didn’t. Now I will tell the story of how my boat got destroyed. It was a warm sunny day and we were just about to start our journey … Just kidding! It was awful, the clouds were dark and we could tell a storm was about to come. But we still set sail anyway. Ten minutes into the trip and nothing happened. Ten hours into the trip nothing happened. Ten hours and ten minutes is when something very unexpected happened. A storm hit. That was expected but for the purpose of the story we will say it wasn’t. So we were stuck in the middle of the sea vulnerable to the storm. Turns out we didn’t know what a storm was because we got hit… with a little sprinkling here and there. THEN TEN DAYS LATER WE GOT HIT AGAIN!
fiction challenge: Perfect Day
Summit House-WCS's picture

My Perfect Day

Let me set the mood. It's summer and the sun is shining. It's beautiful and warm but not too warm that we’re sweating. It's perfect swimming weather. At the start of the day I’d get to sleep in, then get up and have a breakfast buffet thing. After breakfast we would go out and pick up all my friends, maybe not all of them but some of them then we would go to Warren Falls. It's the best place to swim! While swimming (since I love cute dogs) there are these little dogs swimming in the water. They were sooo cute. I just wanted to pet them so badly but my friends wanted me to swim with them so I acknowledged that they wanted to swim and I left the cute dogs. Warren Falls is a cliff jumping place so obviously we had to jump of the cliffs when it was finally time to go around 12:00 we wouldn’t want to cause it’s so fun there but when my dad will have finally dragged us out of there it will only have been because he bribed us with Ice cream.
fiction challenge: Space
Summit House-WCS's picture

Space

Ever since the world ended so much has changed we live in space now, in huge ships that make the ISS look like an ant. My name is Michael Smith and to whoever is reading this, this is my story. When I was born we humans still lived on earth, in the small oasis of life called ed3n87. We were among the last ed3ns left on the planet. Only 8 other remained with a total population of 20,000,000 people. The SRP(space relocation project)
Summit House-WCS's picture

Covid-19

Since the Covid-19 epidemic happened, so many things have changed! Since Covid started in 2020 so many things have changed like mask mandates, social distancing, school systems, businesses, and housing prices. And it all started because of something in China that is now a global disease that has and still is spreading around Earth. All because of something which technically we don’t know what it is because there are so many rumors about what it could be and technically we have no idea which one is true or not. But lucky for us the doctors that work so hard finally were able to make a vaccination that would help us fight Covid faster and get it out of our system faster. And soon after they made the vaccination they came out with a booster shot that doubles up on your protection woo hoo! And this year in 2022 they came out with another booster to protect you from the newest variant of Covid.
fiction challenge: Space
Summit House-WCS's picture

An endless void of dreams

Imagination. This is an incredible thing. People take it for granted, even though imagination is really amazing. So as far as we know the closest thing we’ll ever get to really capturing imagination is space. When we look up to the sky on a starry night, it is truly amazing. Every star, Jupiter, Mars, it's incredible. And this amazement is what drives scientists to do what they do best, discovery.
poem challenge: Hobbies
Summit House-WCS's picture

Hobbies

Everyone needs a hobby, something to do.   

We all need something to do to keep us out of the blue.   

There are many ways to occupy yourself.   Some examples would be crafting, sports,dance and singing.  

There are tons of things to do on this giant ball of dirt and water.
   But personally I like snowboarding.   I live for snowboarding.   It’s my passion.   I love the feeling of me rapping myself in piles of cozy gear. 

The layers feel like a warm hug.

I love the feeling of climbing up what feels like miles of stairs with the hope of an amazing adventure.

I love the sound of bindings clipping.   I love chatting in the lift line and bumping into friends.

I love the awkward waddle to the launch strip on the way to get on the lift.    I love snuggling in my dad's arms on the windy ride up.