fiction challenge: Goldfish
Summit House-WCS's picture

The dreadful life as a goldfish

I swim around and around and around. Never knowing where I’m going and quite sure where I have been. Life as a goldfish is dull and humdrum, I would never recommend it. You only get fed when the giants remember you are there and other than feeding time there is nothing to do. The world outside is all hazy and gross from little kids' sticky fingers touching the glass. I am invisible to everyone most of the time, it is a lonely life as a goldfish. I wish I had a friend, and at one point I did but they didn’t last long here. The water is murky and the food is almost always dry and overly crunchy. I just that when I die I don’t have to be flushed down the elevator to hell. Most people must think that my life is serene and fulfilling but they are wrong. In this cage I’m just waiting for my death to come, it is the only relief I will ever get in my life. I am unappreciated and half the time unloved. I am a people's starter pack for a life with a pet.
fiction challenge: Goldfish
Summit House-WCS's picture

Adventures With Fishy

As I tread through the water, I don't know how long I've been at this. I’ve been told there was a divine area that contains the remnants of an ancient relic that is able to allow anyone who welds it to explore the outer plains at the end of this place. There’s always a bright light beaming at me, it kinda hurts my eyes too. And it's loud buzzing must be less audible than preferred for my taste. Although with the drobing pains these luminescent rays give me, I move on, like a big fish. Yeah, like a big fish.

Suddenly, I spot some strange brown kind of rock shaped things descending from the heavens,

What an odd sight, I wonder what these floaty thingies are…Hmmm, not bad, not bad at all. 

I never would have thought that eating things from the heavens would taste so good. From the corner of my eyes, a sighting I have yet to see before. I quickly beam towards this new discovery,
fiction challenge: Goldfish
Summit House-WCS's picture

Goldfish

Goldy? Bubbles? Sushi? Nemo? No, that’s the movie star fish right? Speaking of Nemo, wasn’t there a fish in it, umm, her name starts with D I believe. I’ll have to rewatch it again to find her name. I love her character though, if I remember anything it has to be her short memory. Although she isn’t a goldfish she represents us all around the world! It’s inspiring, but she has it pretty bad she forgets things in seconds, us goldfish forget things around every five months. I’ve been keeping track! I keep a rock behind my seaweed to write tallys, so far, I’m at 4 months and 28 days. My memory will fade completely in just a couple days. It’s quite demeaning to be honest, but I’ll understand when I see my rock again to change it out and start the days again. But I should not take the credit for this, it’s all cause my mama. She was a resilient one. She passed down these tricks to me before she died. Back then I knew my name, now I don’t know it, not even my moms name.
fiction challenge: Mountain
Summit House-WCS's picture

A Mountain

Days seem to be stretched out as a mountain, nights where the winter breeze takes over and frost gently laying on every blade of grass for miles. Snow slowly dances down covering the leaves on our evergreens and muting out the green hues of the scrubs. Even throughout the summer, our mountain tops are still frigid and unforgiving for some visitors.

Maybe this is why no one ever visits us anymore. Our land isn't as harsh as our weather though. During the springs, our base is blooming with vivid blossoms and leaves. The same cannot be said to our tops and cliffs, as they are binded with snow and ice for every crack and crevice of our landscape. But if you look hard enough, you might see a lonely flower, scrub, or sprout peeking from the thick snow. A balance to keep on everything, even with the lifeless ice and snow that lives upon our lands, there will always be that single flower that rests peacefully waiting to bloom in spring.
fiction challenge: Mountain
Summit House-WCS's picture

Enough

The cold morning air hugged my damp skin. All you could hear were heavy footsteps, our heavy breathing, and the sounds of the mountain. Light started to filter through the canopy of thick green leaves. There was no one but us, just the way we liked it. It was different, the feeling of being utterly alone in nature. Surrounded by the breathing trees, and the awakening ground. We walked through streams, climbed over rocks, and tripped over roots. We bantered in quite hushed voices, not wanting to break the peace. That was the hike that I got my trail name, pequeño pollo, which translated to little chicken. I was scared of everything, the rustling of trees, the big rocks we had to climb, even the little snake we met on our way up. It was nice though because it was never just us in the past. But now it was, and I liked it. As we got closer to the top the trees fell away. We became very much exposed to the harsh winds and beating sun.
fiction challenge: Mountain
Summit House-WCS's picture

My Mountain

If I were a mountain I would want to be a big bold mountain, filled with many tourists. I would watch everyone hike up me. I would smile when people reach the top and are impressed with themselves. I would laugh at people when they fell. Just kidding, but it would be weird when people fell. Maybe I would offer them some help, with a tree branch or something to help them get up. If I were a mountain it would be more than a mountain. A meeting spot for friends, a place for exercise. It would be a place where memories got made. My mountain would be a serene location. My mountain would be so big that some parts of it would be unexplored, some parts would be buzzing with people. There would always be something happening, somewhere on the mountain. I would be a mountain in a tropical location on an island. On my mountain there would be different places with rocks that you could jump off into the water. There would be picnic tables for families to gather and to stop and eat lunch.
fiction challenge: Mountain
Summit House-WCS's picture

My Mountain

I am a mountain; glorious and strong. I am strong, and stable. When the wind comes blowing, I can hold my own. I may not be the tallest mountain in the mountain range, but I can still make an audible avalanche occur. I am not just a fledgling anymore, I can take care of myself. Everyday, I get many hikers on my beautiful trails. On the outside I may look as strong as a giant, but on the inside, I’m as delicate as a feather; soft, and light. When you see my mountain, it may seem like a daunting task to climb me, with twists, turns, and surprises around every corner, but I can guarantee it’s worth the effort to figure me out. For when you get to my peak, you will see a delightful, serene view.  Even though lots of hikers climb me everyday, many people don’t know about me. It’s almost like I’m a diamond in the rough, that only a select few know about. I wish more knew about me so that I could spread the joy of getting to my peak to everyone. Somedays I feel sad, and lonely.
fiction challenge: Time
Summit House-WCS's picture

Twilight Reimagined

“Beau. Are you sure you want this?” My mother asked, worry lines wrinkling her forehead.
“Yeah.” I said, taking a deep breath and sighing.
I had decided to move to my fathers house, in an unknown town in Washington called Forks. My mothers new boyfriend was too much for me and I needed a break. Hoisting my bags out of the car we shared I climbed out of the passenger's seat and leaned into the window.
“Bye mom,” I said as she kissed my cheeks. I rolled my suitcases into the airport and waited.
“Beau. Are you sure you want this?” Charlie (my father) asked, worry lines wrinkling his forehead.
Deciding to move to Forks was a good idea, and I was proud of making the decision by myself.
fiction challenge: Rain & Shine
Summit House-WCS's picture

Friends?

Molly

“Okay class, make sure to find your partners for the group project. If you dont I will pair you myself,” Mrs. Hamble said.

Ugh group projects. I dislike them with a pasion. You get partnered and you have to “work together” and most of the time you are the one left doing it all alone. And to top it off you're supposed to make a replica of something dangerous in the world.

After class school is out. On my way to my locker this girl is clad in a hot pink sundress with her hair in a messy bun with white converse  walks over to me.

“Hi! I’m Sarah! We are in science together,” she said cheerfully.

“Uhm hi,” I said a little sarcastically.

“Anyway, I was wondering if you had a partner for the project? If you don't do you want to work-”

“No.”

And then I walked away.

Sarah
poem challenge: Rain & Shine
Summit House-WCS's picture

Opposite End Of Town

It was raining when he was born
The sun shined for her
Mad at the world
Her arms spread open
A glare
And
A smile
Never understand

And so they grow
So they change
But some things stay the same
Why is she so happy?
How can he be mad?
Left alone they
Start to understand
And so they grow

Shining old lady
And
Raining old man