fiction challenge: Taste
Summit House-WCS's picture

Sunset

When I think of something that I wish I could eat but can’t I think about a sunset. If you think about it, most food that looks really good tastes good. So I think that a sunset would taste great. How I imagine it to taste is. Starting off with the light bright sun with a little bit of orange taste but the texture of ice cream. It would slowly melt in your mouth making you want more. Then you would take a bite of the pink, blue and orange sky that would taste a bit like cotton candy with a hint of strawberry, maple and blueberry. That taste would just encompass your mouth making you take another bite. But now it was time for the mountains, you think that it couldn't get any better than what you have already had. But then you bite into it and you were wrong so so so so so wrong. It would be like biting into heaven. The chocolate is hard but soft enough that your teeth slide right through it. The milk chocolate was smooth then wait, there was more... Is that caramel filling, ya it was.
fiction challenge: Magnificent
Summit House-WCS's picture

Magnificent

She had never seen anything so magnificent in her life. It had all started on a numbing winter morning, December 25, 2021, in Norway. The girl got out of bed, slipped on her pink bunny slippers, and looked over to her nightstand, and found an anonymous note left on it. 

It read, “Meet me at the place you love most,” the girl’s head quickly started racing with places she loved. Svalbard, Norway was calling her name. She quickly went to the bathroom and started getting ready to go out to drive for 1 hour on Christmas morning to meet up with someone she doesn’t even know!

She made a superb hot chocolate, she pressed the mug against her hands and warmed them up from being as cold as Antarctica to as hot as Australia! She took a sip of the hot chocolate, and it tasted just like heaven. She knew she was ready for the long car ride ahead of her. 
fiction challenge: Taste
Summit House-WCS's picture

Metcalf Pond

When I went to Metcalf Pond (Camp Ginger) I would spontaneously take out my phone and take pictures of literally anything. One of my favorites was the pond that we were on. It looked more like a small lake than a pond. I loved taking pictures of it when there were no boats speeding on it anymore. Because it was all still and you could see the reflection of the trees and the cabin/houses. Like if it was asleep. As if the water had a nice heavy blanket on top of it making it sleep soundly. I loved taking pictures, especially when there was a sunset.
poem challenge: Taste
Summit House-WCS's picture

I Wonder What Joy Tastes Like?

I wonder what joy tastes like? 

Do you think it tastes like cotton candy?

Or even sprinkles?

What if it tasted like jelly beans?

What if it is a liquid?

Like chocolate milk!

Or even Orange juice?

Would that be good?

What if joy tasted bad?

Like brussel sprouts?

Or even asparagus?

What if it has a despicable taste?

What if it tasted like nothing?

If you could not taste joy would you not feel it?

What if joy has no taste?

Do you think joy can have a good taste? 

Maybe just maybe we can taste it just by feeling it?

Maybe it tastes like a big chocolate cake!

Or even a big ice cream sundae! 

Or a browning with frosting and sprinkles on it!

I guess I will never taste joy.

fiction challenge: Magnificent
Summit House-WCS's picture

Hidden by the Rain

Rain pattered down on her window. Every drop hit the window with its own tone. Its own story. She peered out, watching. There was a single tree. Its leaves, bright and green against the grey sky. This tree stood tall. Its leaves fluttered and whipped in the wind and rain but no matter what hit them, they stayed attached. They were strong. Her gaze shifted. Her eyes grazed across the field, long, beige, and soaking wet. They flew over the pond, the cows, and the stable, a red mass against the coming darkness. But no matter where they went, they always came back to that one tree. For some reason, it was captivating. The leaves weren’t perfect, they had holes from bugs, some were weather-worn, and each was a different color. But that was how it was. She squinted now, as the rain dumped its last bucket of water. It hammered over her roof, beat down on the stables, and lashed out at the tree but somehow, somehow, it kept its poise. It stood there.
fiction challenge: Magnificent
Summit House-WCS's picture

One Glorious Saturday Morning

One glorious Saturday morning, June got out of bed with a yawn and put on her fuzzy slippers. It was the first morning in her new house. She walked over to the window and opened the curtains. Light bursted into the dark room, waking her eyes up. She opened the window, letting the fresh, crispy air flow in and out of her nose. The air smelled like roses. She climbed out of her window and sat on the roof, feeling the breeze on her face. The trees were turning all sorts of beautiful colors. She could hear the chirping of birds flying through the forest. 
poem challenge: Cheeseburger
Summit House-WCS's picture

Just to have one

Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger

How yummy are you

And don’t look good blue

Juicy and memorable

Was my first one

Oh cheeseburger

Cheeseburger

You're truly the best

And my friends say i’m obsessed

But give my money till the day is done

Just to have one

fiction challenge: Cheeseburger
Summit House-WCS's picture

Best Burger Ever

Most kids want to be a doctor when they grow up, or go to space, which is what my friends wanted to do. We’re all very successful con men and have billions of dollars, any person’s dream. I guess I have it all from your eyes. But I never felt satisfied with all of it. Because, it’s just not what I wanted. You may be wondering “what is so big that even a rich man would want?”. Let me tell you. All I ever wanted when I was a kid is to make a perfect burger recipe. Judge me all you want but have you ever just ate the best thing ever and wondered if it can ever be better than this, honestly probably not but you get the idea here. Before I go on, I’ll just explain how I got here. It all started when I was 6 years old. It was a monday morning, quiet, peaceful, and sponge bob playing on the big screen. I have always wondered how the special krabby patty was made and how it tasted, but at last it was just a cartoon. But because of my curiosity I asked my dad if he could make some for me.
fiction challenge: Cheeseburger
Summit House-WCS's picture

Cheeseburger

My phone buzzed. Ughhhh. Probably another one of my space-obsessed friends. They're always texting me about their billionaire parents’ new inventions for space travel. Like, that’s cool and all but it gets annoying after all the “Hey, Maddy” this and the “Hey Maddy” that. Me? I’m keener on creating the world’s largest cheeseburger. The original biggest is 1,794 pounds but I think I can make it to 2,000. 

If only Ruby, Holly, and Jimmy-Joe would STOP TEXTING ME!!!! Like… OK. I get it. Space is cool. But why spend all your parent’s money on space travel when the earth you live on is dying?  I get that, maybe, space travel is more interesting than the earth,  (Which probably lost its pizzaz a couple of thousand years ago) but that doesn’t mean ignore it! 
fiction challenge: Cheeseburger
Summit House-WCS's picture

My Special Burger

Well it's time to get working. I start off making the buns. I have this really nice homemade dough. I shape them into hamburger buns and then I put them in the oven to cook. While it is cooking I get started on making the patty. I take some ground beef and start shaping it once that is done. I put some spices on it to make it taste amazing.Once I do that I get the pan ready and put some oil on it and then I throw the pattys on there. After I do that I go in my fridge and look for some toppings to put on the burger. I got some cheese,lettuce,tomato,and some onions. I like mustard and ketchup on my burger but it's not for everyone. By the time I get those ingredients  my buns are ready to be taken out of the oven. I gingerly  take them out and put them on the counter to cool off. Then I take the meat off the pan and slowly place it on the plate. Next I mix mustard and ketchup and mayonnaise together and put it on the buns.