fiction challenge: Confidante

Louie and the Boy

Louie saw the boy walk up the bayside towards him. Not this little shit again he thought. All Louie wanted was some peace and quiet by the bay, but this kid had to swoop in and disrupt him every damn day. (Deep down Louie didn’t mind having the kid around that much. Once in a while he enjoyed the company.) As the kid bounced closer, Louie took in the sight of him. He was like all the sprite, young men wanting to do their duty. Bright eyed, strong jawed, confident, with his dark, brown skin gleaming in the Louisiana sunlight.   

“Hey, Louie.” the kid called out. Louie grunted back noncommittally. “I need to talk to you about something.” When Louie heard the boy’s unusually serious tone, he peered closer at him. The kid’s usually light, shiny eyes were darker, like sunglasses shielding away the sun. They were…changed. There was something new in them. Something Louie couldn’t quite place but seemed familiar. 
poem challenge: Six Words

The Hood: An Ending

Moving On Act 2

Moving On Act 1

USA Commercial: Wealthy White Man

Are you a wealthy white man looking to spread your already infinite horizons? 

Well look no further! 

Join America today, where things are always changing but you'll always be on top. 

Need a job? No worries, put in 1/2 the work for x2 the result! 

Get in trouble with the law? No problem, they'll cut you some slack. 

In America we don't care if you're an immigrant like the rest of us. You have a European accent so it's fiiiine. 

If you want more Power to Your Privelege join America today. 

Call 1 -800 - 525 - AMERICA today. 
That's 1 -800- 525 - AMERICA today.  

Sideffects may include, but are not limited to: ignorance, pride, intolerance, and racism. 

Join America today!

poem challenge: Six Words

A Typical Dinner

12am - 2pm

12am - 2pm 
                                                                            is the time for the dying and the newborn. 

While we are asleep in our beds, 
the dying whisper goodbye, 
while the babies giggle and gurgle their helllos'. 

The moon comforts them. 
Performing the last rites and soothing tantrums. 

The old look fondly on the young, 
and wish them well. 
The young don't understand, 
they will forget and never tell. 

The quiet comforts them, 
tells em' it'll be alright. 

One group headed for departure, 
and one headed for flight. 

poem challenge: Six Words

I'm Leaving

My mind: an internal predicament

I sometimes wish I could turn off my brain. Everything I hear, do, or say has to be turned into semantics for my own imagination. I am never out of control, only trying to live in the moment. I wish I could master the concept that George Orwell identifies in his novel 1984: “consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you just performed.” (Orwell, 1984, pg. 34)

L.A.

I leave to escape 
the hustle and bustle, 
the plastic surgery, 
and the opportunity chasers. 

I return to embrace 
the hustle and bustle, 
the plastic surgery, 
and the opportunity chasers.