1. that even when you don't recognize the person in the mirror, they have
your mom's eyes and they look a little bit like your little brother. their heart beats
with yours. their fingernails are purple too.
2. that although you don't feel like you belong to anything or anybody,
someone is thinking of you and someone is missing you. he loves you,
believe him when he tells you.
3. when you don't feel pretty or thin or any of those fucked up adjectives, remember
that you bleed and that you are full of blood and plasma and smooth muscle, among
other things. you are alive and you are full inside. you know this for sure.
4. that just because you look like a real person and not the barbies on the internet
does not mean that you are imperfect. believe me.
5. to breathe. you gotta do that sometimes.
6. to always write.
somehow writing helps you to find yourself.