Eventually

Eventually, the song had to end, just who would’ve thought it’d be now. I spent my entire life with that man, it feels almost impossible that he’s gone. I still remember the flowers, trees, the fields, oh! Don’t forget the museum! What a wonderful time we had. Now I wish I could go back. I knew that someday my time with him would stop, even if it meant one of us would’ve deceased like now. The thing that hurts me the most is what I’ve never done for him, like that one time. Ah, yes, we were laying together in that cute little field by our village, staring up at the beautiful azure sky. A cheerful quiet place for us to spend our time together. We had to be at least 6 or 7 years old nothing younger, nothing older. We visited the field any chance we got until that fateful day. When the neighboring village trained against us, it sends shivers down my spine just thinking of it. We were so lucky to be out in the field that day, but I was near frozen hearing the screams of my village as the neighboring one attacked. Of course, he was there to save me, my dear pulled me with all his strength and dragged me up the tree with the tire swing. Up there we hid until the enemy was gone. Our village with it. 

The next chapter of our life started when we moved into the museum. I lost my voice then, not physically. I was scared and let my dear speak for me, I rarely talked and only to him. Now it hurts that I’ve done that. Back then I was in so much pain, but I forgot he had gone through everything and more. He was my shoulder to cry on, who did he have. I was selfish and left him to do everything for the both of us while he let out not a single feeling of pain. Of course, things ended in the museum, it was a bizarre place for two teenagers to live. Although the museum played an important role in our life, surprisingly, we lived there longer than in our village. Sadly it was I who failed at keeping our home. My dear set everything in order for years and when it seemed I could do something myself I proved the opposite. Simply put, we were kicked out. For. Life. It was harsh on us, losing another home. Yet, my dear was precious as always. He didn’t even blame me!  It made me angrier that he was so perfect and doing everything, while I failed and ruined his hard work.

Years went on and we grew a real-life, one with bumps due to my sudden angry outbursts, but I fixed them because I realized how much I truly loved my dear and how much he felt the same towards me. We started a business, a home, a farm, and a family. We started anything and everything! We climbed out of our horrible hole of terror and distress and won.

We finally grew old and my love for him never changed unless it grew stronger. But as told, he’s gone. I regret many and miss many times with him. It as well kills me that he was the first to die. Even if it was just another sacrifice he made for me.

Summit House-WCS