Escape

If I could go anywhere in the world to escape reality, if I'm being honest, I don't know where I would want to go. But I do know it would be somewhere that would make me happy. 

Yes, that could be anywhere in the world, but not every place makes me happy. I'm happy whenever I'm skiing, so that place could be anywhere I could ski. I'm happy whenever I'm with my friends so it could be at my friend’s house or with my friends anywhere.  Beautiful views also make me happy so I could go anywhere with a good view. You are probably thinking, “Well that could be pretty much anywhere in the world.” 

Yes, it very well could, but I would go anywhere in the world to escape reality as long as the place makes me happy.  There would be no point in going if the place doesn't make you happy. If someone asks you where you would like to go so you can escape reality, they expect you to give an exact answer, but a lot of people can't do that. Like me, I don't care where I go as long as I'm doing something that makes me happy, or am with people who make me happy. 

It's not about where you go; it's about the experience you can have.  You could go anywhere in the world, but if it doesn tmake you happy, that's probably not what you want. If the place doesn't make you happy, there is no point in going.

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy