Goldfish

I open my eyes and look around. Blue-ness. I start to swim around, observing my surroundings. A big shell. Weird rocks––colorful ones at that. Around me are weird plant things, floating up to the roof. I swim around and see a snail on the side of a window. I look out the window and there seems to be no one there, except this weird orange fish staring back at me. I try to move away, but it keeps following me. I try to swim faster, but it's still there. What do they want? I back up into the darkness and then boom! They're gone. I swim around a little more and discover this snail on the window. I ignore it because it feels too familiar. 

I swim some more and I find this weird house thing in the middle of the box of windows. I go inside and find these colorful rocks below me. The house is empty. I leave and explore a little bit more. I was swimming when I encountered this snail on the window. Weird. I pass them and keep on my way. I see these weird things floating towards the top of the roof. I am going around the box when I hear something. I swim over to the main window and see a weird alien life form coming towards me. I swim into the small house to take shelter. The alien is dropping this flaky stuff from the sky. It smells so good. When the alien leaves I make my way up there. What the heck is this stuff?

“Just eat it. You know what it is,” I hear a stern and irritated voice behind me. I jump and turn around. A snail on the window is looking at me. 

“Oh hello! What's your name?” I say excitedly. “Are you new here? I haven't seen you around.” The snail rolls its eyes and slowly makes its way across the window. I watch as it leaves but then return my attention to the flakes. I eat them and then make my way around. 

I found this house in the middle. I go inside and see rocks, bright colors under me. It's empty. I leave the house and go for a little swim. I pass by this snail that is perched high up on the window. I wonder if they are new.

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy