My Backyard Tree

I had this great old pine in my backyard, the tree was taller than my two story house. I always wanted to climb it but I could not find a place to start. Then one day we had a big snow storm and at the bottom of the tree there was a small opening. I was able to go into the opening and climb the tree. I couldn't get to the top of the tree instead I made it about three fourths of the way there. It was like my naturally made tree house, I was able to keep some outside toys in the tree. The best thing was my older brothers could not figure out how to climb the tree. So if they were annoying me I would just go in the tree.   

ehubbell

More by ehubbell

• The Old House

I love going wandering in the woods. One day, I found myself getting lost. Usually when this happens I get my compass and head north. But that day I left it at home, at least I remembered my journal in my satchel.
  • What my cat thinks

My human has a blaring alarm at 6AM, I am mad, I still have six more hours of sleep. After 30 minutes my human peted me and got out of his bed. I make a move to follow him but I fall asleep on the way.
  • It's about time

For me it is hard enough to even show or have emotion, let alone fall in love. Then I met him, his name was Jared. He was ridiculously sweet, even when I didn’t laugh at his jokes. He didn’t seem to care that I didn’t show emotion.