Dreams

When I was younger I had this one dream that kept occurring at random times. It was one of those dreams that you can’t explain what was happening. I remember a couple of times where I would wake up shivering and scared, trying to explain to my parents what it was about. It made me mad when they didn’t understand how it made me feel. If I explain the dream, it probably wouldn’t make sense to you either. All I remember from the dreams was there were people always in them, and they would change the speed of their voice. I know it doesn't really make sense, and you're probably wondering “what makes that so scary?” Again I can’t explain it to you, all I know is I would wake up sweating and cold at the same time. Sometimes I would be too scared to even sleep at night, thinking the dream might occur again. 

ewiegers

More by ewiegers

• Glass

The glass 

It shuts me in 

I find myself dazing

Out of it

Looking at the hills, 

The clouds, 

And that fresh air

I can almost taste 

From where I'm sitting
  • The Tree

The tree

It sits outside 

my window

A big and 

glorious tree

It shimmers in the winter 

And blooms in the summer

But it's not just any old tree

It’s my tree
  • Quiet

Do you ever just listen and hear every little thing around you making noise? I was sitting in class one day reading, when I realized how much noise there is around us. In that moment I could hear every little noise so distinctly.