The Woman

I remember walking home from school one day with my best friend. We were having a funny conversation, and we were both really happy. When we had walked about half of what we were supposed to walk, this woman came out of her house. 

At first, my friend and I didn’t think anything of it, but when I turned around to glance at her, she looked kind of sketchy. I started to walk slightly faster, and that pushed my friend to walk faster too. I looked at him, and I tried to use my expressions to show him why we were walking much faster. He quickly looked behind him, and then nodded back to me. 
Then, the woman pulled a phone out of her pocket. She started talking really loud and began swearing. My friend and I had stopped talking because we were uncomfortable. Then she randomly stopped and began spitting and coughing up stuff in someone’s yard. Once she had done that, she began walking again, but the way she walked was very sluggish, and she swayed side-to-side.  

I think at one point, she noticed my friend and I look back at her. She began picking up the pace of how she walked, and once my friend and I saw, we started jogging a bit. She followed us for at least 6-7 minutes. 
At one point, a police car pulled up behind my friend and I. We didn’t stop to see what was going on, so we kept going. I think he might have taken the lady because I heard the police car pull up beside her. When my friend and I finally looked back to see where she was, she was gone. So was the police car. 

I don’t really understand what happened that day, but when I think about it, it just confuses me. 

loquendo

More by loquendo