New Recruit (personal fanfiction excerpt)

(Excerpt of a part of a story that may never get published)  (the part, not the story. the first installment of THAT is on my Wattpad[@/kazuichi_kinnie_sin])

Taro looked the man up and down, wondering how it came to be. This fine young man, in a hell hole like this.
He was tall, a bit taller than Taro and nearly as lanky, but with a curvier build. His silky black hair flowed neatly down to the middle of his neck in graceful waves, matching glittery dark eyes pleasantly. He wore an outfit of black and white, accented by a red carnation tucked behind his ear.

The man's eyes met Taro's, the stare holding for a moment before he decided to walk over.

"Ah, hello," He said, smiling a wide, perfect smile. 'Hm. Another Italian.' Taro thought. The man went on, "You're Taro, right? Taro Tsudeki?"

"The one and lonely," Taro responded with his gravelly voice, "And you're--"

"Oh! Giuseppe Ragazzone," The man interrupted, "I'm so sorry, I should've started with that," Taro smirked out of habit.

"No, no, it's fine," He said, picking at his nails, "I get it, fame 'n all," He held out his hand, a rare occurrence. Giuseppe took it with a much shakier grip. A nervousness that made the shorter man grin.

"I guess so," Giuseppe said, "But I feel like I should apologize, I have a habit of speaking when I'm not supposed to,"

"I said it's fine," Taro repeated, a little more forcefully. Giuseppe nodded.

"Right, sorry,"

"Stop apologizing. It's not going to get you through this," Taro paused, looking the other up and down a few times. He flattened his expression, "You know we kill people, right?"Giuseppe nodded again, seemingly calm.

"Yes. Though I can't say I'm fond of it," He explained, "I mean... I'm not getting paid, so is it really all that bad?"

"Yes."

Taro began to walk away. The Italian just watched, but after a moment he began jogging after the mastermind.

"H-Hold on!" Giuseppe called, grabbing Taro's attention.

"..." Taro stared. He looked Giuseppe dead in the eyes. The taller clutched his hands together.

"I'm really sorry if I offended you," He said, "I didn't realize it was that big of a deal,

Silence.

Taro sighed.

"That just means you're doing this willingly. Worse.
He began to walk away again. Giuseppe stopped him.

"I-I-I don't want to kill people! That's not why I joined!" The man reached out to stop him, his tan wrist immediately getting caught by a thin, pale hand.

Taro turned to face him, glaring.

"Then leave."

overly.awkward.ambivert

More by overly.awkward.ambivert