the walk of Fraudulence (two thousand five hundred silkworms)

we are made up of atoms of unfairness, deceptionatoms upon atoms upon nothing upon everythinghow can we say that we are wondrous and all-knowing? 
the imaginary negative value is too great; it outweighs all but angerand stupidityI claim imaginary, as infinity is an imposture

do not fear those with great power
for power breeds burdens and deathly obsessions--
they are strong, only in your eyes; they feed upon glorified flattery, worship
we worship wars that come in barrels and ships, barrel-chested men
oh Caesar,           Great Nonpareil,           here are roses sown from our humble fleshyou are undefeatable, deadened from our tiring gaze--you see, we are so well-meaning 
we do not understand how there came to be anger, jealousy (born from human weakness) no, instead, envy those with ignorance, clasped between grubby palms
men shall knight them for their candor, like candy toffee pulled between two wicks,
impossible to torture or starve           away, 
as they are the kings of our golden species, unable to tell a faulthair wreathed in silk and the fluttering streamers of graduation It takes two thousand five hundred silkworms to produce a pound of raw silk
still, I cower in front of opportunity and authority, wearing many faces
I am the substructure of the community, of which order is built upon Trust and SympathyFraudulence cannot reserve a seat at the temples of eitherrepentance is unseekable; no blade is sharp enough to cut through           shame
 atoms upon atoms upon nothing upon everythingI wait for clothes of silk and silver plastic ribbons,while nuclear fission waits for me

The Lone Cat

MA

More by The Lone Cat

• exoticism

grey eyes
    stare, openly
    at the flesh of elephant plums
    raw and hanging, dripping with a sour earthiness
    open your fists, green guava
    soon dropped upon the shore
    of a tall-tiered world, singing of poverty and praises
  • Peach tea

i hope you can see my future
    in dripping peach tea leaves,
    chemically bloated with sweetener
    until the silver edges and feminine handle are sticky with syrup

what do the dredges whisper to you, teller?