The Cook Is In, Cooking show script parody

Aaron is inspired by the character Jake Barlow from Nothing But the Truth.
Aaron: Welcome back folks. In our last segment you watched our three new interns get pied in the face!      
Aaron while still looking at the audience makes arm and hand gestures that can only look like a reenactment of someone getting pied in the face.
Aaron: But in this segment of “The Cook Is In,” you will learn along with us and be taught by Sandra. Say hi, Sandra. 
Sandra: Hello!
Sandra, while saying hello, waves at the audience.
Aaron: Teach us how to make the world's best cheeseburger! Take it away Sandra!
Aaron, while still laser focused on the audience, makes a hand gesture towards Sandra ,suggesting that they focus their attention on her.
Sandra: So dear  audience, First you will have to gently make the patty. Then put a thumbprint in the middle to make it cook evenl-
Aaron: Okay! That's enough of you, Sandra. In our next segment, we will make taco milk.
Sandra: NO. Aaron, you always do this. I'm finishing my segment and I'm doing it now! 
*Sandra says this very firmly and Aaron, baffled by how Sandra is refusing to stop her segment reluctantly agrees.
Sandra: Now you form the patty softly so as to not make the burger too chewy. Then you---
Aaron: Are you sure you don't want me to move on to the next segment?
Sandra: Yes! Aaron, I'm doing my segment. Now after you form the patty next you want to put your thumb print in the middle of the patty to cook the burger evenly all the way through.
Aaron talking backstage 
Aaron: So after I interrupt her again, take her offstage so she doesn’t overshadow me. Okay?
Security guard: Okay, after you interrupt her again, I take her offstage.
Aaron: Yes.
Sandra: And now you place the burger on the grill. Now don't squeeze the juice out of the burger because it makes it dry and unflavorful.
Aaron: Okay Sandra, it's over. Your segment is over now and that’s final. It's over!
Sandra: Okay, it's already done. I just had to add cheese and assemble the burger.
Aaron: Oh
Aaron sees the security guard and gestures for him to not take her offstage but Sandra notices
Sandra: Yo, you going to take me off?
Aaron: Yes.
Sandra: Why!?
Aaron: Because we saw it was fitting.
Sandra: Who's “we”?
Aaron: Me myself and I.
Aaron says confidently and again gestures to the security guard to take Sandra offstage and be done with it
Sandra: Hey! What are you doing!?
Security guard: Sorry love, it's what Aaron wants.
Aaron: Well, now that that has been dealt with. Sorry folks that's all for today on  “The Cook Is In.”  Why? Because Sandra went off of the schedule and ruined the timing of everything. Now, thank you all for watching and good day folks.
Aaron says this last sentence rather forcefully and frustratedly.

Thetford Academy

YWP Instructor

More by Thetford Academy