The Daimeons

THE CREATURES 
1oo millo jumps (10:40 pm)

It all started with the creatures called the Daimeons. They lived in the empty void of space for as long as they could remember, feeding off of the dreams of others. You heard me right, dreams. When one Daimeon has a dream it's dinner for another. The Daimeons are a deep purple with a long skinny body with blue and black eyes that look like little galaxies. One thing you should know about the Daimeons is that they are clairvoyant, capable of seeing the future. So they knew that within three nano jumps (one day), their lives would be forever changed.

THE COUNTDOWN
3o5 kilo jumps (12:05 am)
The Daimeons knew the world was going to change, but they had know idea how. At 337 meter jumps (3:37 am), the Daimeons got word that their leader had fallen ill and was dying quickly. The Daimeons were displeased with this. First they find out that the world was going to change in three nano jumps, and then, that their leader is near death.

THE FINAL HOURS
549 centi jumps (5:49 am)
Their leader has passed, but, in his dying breaths his last request was for all the Daimeons to come to his ceremony where he would give them all one last gift. The ceremony was beautiful. There were many glossy eyes at the sight of their dead leader, but when it was time for the gift giving, every single head snapped to attention. It all happened at once; the leader's mouth strangely opened, from his mouth flew millions of little orbs that spread across the sky, decorating it with twinkling lights and bigger, more solid orbs. The reactions were mixed. Some passed out, some gasped, but most yelled, “This is the change we all foresaw!” There were as many little lights as there were Daimeons, too many to count. There were eight solid orbs and one slightly smaller orb; they symbolized the leaders eight sons and one daughter. Then there was the brightest and the biggest orb that had to symbolize the leader himself. The Daimeons were overjoyed to have something to look at and explore other than their black void. They called the orbs “planets” and “stars.”

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy