RBG

A country where women are raped, harassed, denied rights to their own body, restricted from jobs, oppressed, and denied a proper education is a country I don’t want to live in. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg made a country where I, as a girl, did not have to wake up in the morning to a future of being a housewife. Where I did not have to wake up in the morning and be told that I was stupid for being a girl and that I do not deserve an education. And how is she repaid? By people trying to tear her legacy down, and create a new country where I am not worth as much as my male peers, classmates, and citizens. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg served on the Supreme Court for 27 years, and she fought for women for years before that. Now, it is time for women everywhere to stand up and demand what we are owed. We must continue carrying the torch that Ruth Bader Ginsburg lit, and make sure it is never snuffed out. I will continue Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s fight by shouting as loud as I can until my voice is heard about the injustices that women have faced from the beginning of time. I will continue her fight by calling people out when they make a sexist remark. People like to think that women are treated equally, but I could point out instances every day where a teacher, friend, or family member makes a sexist remark without realizing it. But someday, hopefully not too far off, women will have equality.

aclockworkwriter

CA