Tiger Family

“Grandpa?”
 “Yes Taron?”
“Were you really raised by tigers?”
“Err...kind of. I’ll tell you the story but you need to listen. I was about one year old and amazingly I could talk and walk.”...

“Want to go fishing sweetie?” The mother asked Bob. 
“Yay!” Bob said cheerfully as they were getting in the car.
          It was a long car ride to the lake in the loud automobile. When they got to the lake they didn’t know what would happen next.
          As soon as they got there Bob caught a huge fish. He pulled as hard as he could, but the rod snapped and Bob fell in. Then the water started to spin. There was a whirl pool.
          Both the mom and dad died trying to save Bob. Bob fortunately caught on a rock sticking out of the water and managed to survive. 
          Bob didn’t know how to swim so he went down  a long, deep, and wide river. After hours of drifting he found a shallow spot where he could get out. 
          He saw wild black berries. He picked the bush clean until he was not hungry anymore. He went back in the river, because there was nowhere to go besides there. He drifted along the slow current until he fell asleep.
           He was asleep when a mother tiger lifted him up and carried him up to the family. When he woke up he saw another tiger licking its paw. Then he realised he was with a whole family, babies and all. He wasn’t scared because he thought that they were just a bunch of large house cats. Because he started to play with the baby tiger the other tigers thought he was a lost tiger so they decided to raise him. 
          His first meal didn't go so well. He got some zebra meat, but he was vegetarian so he got a bit sick. In a few days of eating baby antelopes and other meat, he got used to it.
          After he lived with them for a few months he was a lot bigger, was much stronger, and could climb trees very well. Soon the other babies began to like playing with him, so that made him even  stronger. 
          After about 7 years he was 8, so he and the other baby tigers were not babies anymore, so they had to go.Now he had to find another human family.
 “So…” Grandpa said sadly, “I wasn’t actually raised by tigers, because it was just a dream.” 
“Oh,’’ Taron said, “That's sad Grandpa.” 

Arrowhead

More by Arrowhead