road blocks

Let’s start here, you , your hands , and your stupid leather jacket. 
   No, wait let’s backtrack a little, you, your hands and your car. More specifically your hands on the steering wheel and the jacket on the passenger seat. Let’s change the picture now, instead of leather on leather it’s me on the passenger seat and you wearing the jacket, why wouldn’t you be? It is your’s after all. And we’re driving to god knows where but who cares, really. It’s just driving, at least just right now.  Outside the window there’s houses and trees and life, life going on inside the houses, the tree’s and this car, it’s hard to focus on just one thing, maybe i'm thinking about how many birds might be standing on a branch of that maple , or the amount of people dancing barefoot on kitchen tile, or perhaps i'm thinking about leaning over when we reach that next stop sign or red light and kissing you. I know it’s not right, thinking about it, but it doesn’t matter. I stop anyway. 
        Skip 2 days, it’s us again, I don't mind. This time you ask about grades and i think about kissing you again, intrusive thoughts maybe, or maybe they’re not. I can’t help to add another thought in, the thought that maybe you know what i'm thinking, perhaps you’re reading my mind. Would you throw me down if I asked? It doesn’t have to go that way but i want it to. 
  Times like this i’m glad i stayed, it won’t last for long, at least i haven’t asked into the air if i’d look better in front of you then where im sitting.
    The universe sees right through the act, knows how bad I want it. It is a nice jacket, but it’d look nicer on my floor, or your’s. 
That, i don’t say.  Though If i opened my mouth it’d slip out. 

my home is the hallway right now, the door seem's a mile way but i find a way to get there
   “i'll be back again tommorow”

chelseli

More by chelseli