Work in progress (I have no name yet)

The world was normal. One minute I’m walking down the halls of my school, the next I’m waking up to see myself surrounded by overgrown green. The world was silent. I try to sit up, but my body refuses to move. I don’t remember anything that happened except seeing a bright light. A warm feeling enters my body and the scent of fresh air takes me to a new world. What is this place? My bones creak and my muscles groan but I ease my way off the ground. I grab a nearby rock to help stabilize myself. It feels like years since I’ve moved. The light makes me squint but I get a decent look at my surroundings and fear settles in. I know this room. It was the art room in my school. I was on my way to class when I saw that light. I look at the rock I grabbed and realize it’s not a rock, but a broken off piece of one of the tables in the room. I stumble backwards at the sight of all this. My feet lose their grip and I fall on the ground. This time it’s easier to stand up. I spot the door and navigate my way through all the greenery. When I step out of the room I am taken back with astonishment. There’s so much vegetation, I feel as if I’m suffering. My eyes adjust to the new wave of darkness, the plants being so overgrown they choke out any source of light. Ok, think, you know this place like the back of your hand, I tell myself. I inch towards an opening ahead of me. That’s it, that’s my way out of this area. My feet stumble over a vine laying on the ground and I collapse into a heap of thorns.

foxgirlforever112

NY

More by foxgirlforever112