Monarch Butterfly

This beautiful winged life                                                                     If you wander in proximity to                                                
  Seemingly small and so fragile                                               her she might flutter her wings to
      as if one stroke would shatter her                                fly away because she does not ever 
          but she is strong and her body is a                    want to be enveloped by the hands
             shard of stained glass with each                        of greed and hurt by palms and       
                 hue chosen carefully by the painter        the fingers of destruction but still
                   who spent hours pondering what           she floats upon the endless
                      colors the creature wears best           dreams she has mustered 
                                     Sipping the nectar that        Such a wondrous being
                              twists around her proboscis       living in a world that is so
                            Living off the taste of crushed     colossal in comparison to
                          milkweed and finding a blossom     her tiny body yet she still is
                         to rest on for a little unless the             mightier than most I know
                        wind whistles a little louder and           Sitting on the new bloom is
                       her delicate figure is pinched                   her favorite activity and she
                       but she remains full of this                         is there in complete peace 
                       natural energy that only                                with herself and her mind
                        she possesses                                                             she’s confident

happydancer

MA

YWP Alumni

More by happydancer

• End of school year stuff :)

As we slip into summer break, I just wanted to express that school in the past year in the pandemic has been incredibly difficult and that everyone here deserves time to themselves this summer to do things that you love!
  • changes

the world seems to always be changing
    you grip onto one thing but then it slips
    right from your fingers

life can be 
    static
    monotone
    predictable

but it can also be
    dynamic
    ever-changing
    chaotic
  • spring is near

the sun is coming out quickly
    and doesn't leave too soon
    the buds haven't began to blossom
    the trees look a little bare
    but there's a warm-ish breeze in the air
    that tells me spring is near