The Night Slayer

The Night Slayer

It’s halloween the time were Ghouls, Goblins, Witches, Vampires, and Wolfs come out to play,
Were couples dress up as Bonnie and Clyde,
Were sisters dress up as the sinister twins,
And where best friends dress up as Devils and Angles
The time where you can scare people to the point where they cry and beg out mercy.  

“Oh how sweet” the girl taunts." 
“He’s protecting his little friend”

The girl started laughing at the little boy and girl, after another second or two of scaring the little girl till she started weeping they left. I think that they got tired of trying to scare the little girl as the little boy stood in front of the girl trying to protect her from them. I saw them coming towards me and now I realize that only one girl was laughing and the other girl looked sad as if she regretted what happened, when I saw the look on her face I got a sudden urge to go up to her and comfort her. I realized that it was the new girl with a girl I didn't recognize at first then when I did I wish I didn't. 

The new girl was dressed up as an angel and the other girl was dressed up as a devel. 

“Figures” I mumble

The first girl is named Rebbecca, she is tall and lean with brown hair with a reddish tint to it, hazel eyes, and the kind of voice that went with bleach blond curls and pink bubble gum but the more I recognize her voice I begin to hear a bit of roughness to it. The new girl is tall and lean too, but has more of an hourglass shape but not as tall as Rebbecca, and she has dirty blond hair with more brown then blond, bright captivating blue eyes that you only see very few people with blue eyes but still completely something that i have ever seen, well you could just say she Is inhumanly beautiful. 

I intuitively knew and sensed that she did too feel the same pang of feeling when she passed. I could see her trying to fight back a smile and at the last second she gives up and her face brightens when they went under the streetlight and then I saw the new girl take a quick glance back at me but just as fast looked back and I swear she was blushing but it could have just been because of the cold. 

“Rebbecca I think you took that too far, I feel bad we should-” 

As I heard the new girl start to talk to Rebbecca my heart sped up as if my heart was gonna explode out of my chest, to the sound of her soft musical voice, but before she could finish Rebbecca interrupted her with a rude mocking tone.

“Omg Alice it's fine you need to loosen up a little, you're so up tight.”

Alice, her name is Alice. Without permission a smile grew on my face with the knowledge of knowing her name.
Right before they turned the corner I saw Alice look at Rebbecca looking like she wanted to say something but didn't, probably afraid of her yelling at her again. 

Remembering the tone that Rebbecca used towards Alice made me so mad that it was nauseated. I didn't understand why I felt that way towards Alice as if I wanted to protect her from Rebbecca, I mean she could have picked a better first friend at a new school but she wouldn't  have known how Rebbecca was towards people. Without knowing why I made it my mission to make friends with Alice, get to know her, and help her get away from that dreadful, toxic Rebbecca.

I started to walk back home then I heard screaming but I thought it was just because people were scaring kids again so I shrugged it off knowing that I would see Alice tomorrow in the halls. Then out of nowhere I hear a big ear splitting crash from behind me from the direction where Alice and Rebbecca were headed.

Right when I realize that she could have been hurt my heart stops and then at the same time my heart, mind, and feet starts to go a thousand miles an hour as I start to comprehend what could happen to her. If she had a concussion or a brain bleed. If she had a broken arm, or leg or if her spine was damaged that she would never walk again or worse if she was dead and I would have to stand there looking at her dead carcass realizing that I would have never gotten to get to know her. I was running as fast as I could and right when I rounded the corner I saw it. 

I started to run faster trying to get there as fast as I could, then trying to get through the growing mop of people yelling.

“Stay put!”
“Check on the driver!”
“I'm calling 911!”
“Check on the kids in the back!”
“Get back, I think it's gonna blow!”
“I'm calling 911!”

Then I saw her. A big broad man was holding her back but I can see that she is strong and it's not gonna be enough to hold her back from what she wants. She’s stubborn. I started to run tordes the car because I hurt kids crying. There were three kids. From what it looked like there were twins, one boy and one girl and a baby from the looks of it, it was a girl from the blanket but as I was gonna look at the two people in the front I saw blood on the baby's blanket coming from the back of her head. I rushed to her aid, ignoring all the hands trying to hold me back. As the flame from the bottom of the car was gradually getting bigger I ripped open the door grabbing the baby in one arm and the two other kids in the other. 

As I turned back I saw Alice rushing towards the two in the front. Then I realised that the mom as the look of it went right through the windshield. There was blood gushing out of her neck in a long stream. I'm guessing that the glass went so deep that it sliced a big arterarie. Her eyes were open and you could just see that she had suffered the pain of the crash, there were just a couple tears dripping from her eye. Then I see the dad in the driver seat with a few cuts on his head. Probably has a concussion and a broken nose. Alice is with the man trying to keep him awake and trying to get him out of the car before it blows. Then she sees him look at his wife and she quickly runs over to her and closes her eyes. Then like he weighed nothing at all she lifts him on his feet helping him out of the car just in time right as it blows up. 

Not even a minute had passed and I heard the kids in my arms crying beside the baby and when I saw the ambulance stop I rushed over to get them some help.

“Help! Help! These were the kids in the car!” I shouted to the EMT's

One EMT took the twins and another took the baby

“I dont know whats wrong with the baby when i got there she was bleeding in the back of her head and not conscious.”

“Hey kid!” One of the EMT’s yelled.  I turned back to see what he wanted.

“You're a hero. You saved those kids lives.”  I started to get embarrassed because of all the attention towards me.

“Thanks, what else would I have done? I was just the fastest to act to get those kids out.”

Then Alice came out from behind me with the dad beside her looking like he was gonna pass out any minute. Then three EMT’s rushed towards her with a gerni helping him on it and leading him towards the ambulance.

She walked towards me then I saw a look on her face that I could not destwinsh. 

“Hey are the kids okay?”

When I heard her voice it seemed to calm me in a way I didn't understand. I could hear in her voice that she was scared for them but when I started to answer it’s like her too, to the sound of my voice started claiming in a way that from the look that swept over her face she didn't understand either.

“Yah I think so the EMT just said that I saved all their lives.”

“Good.” She sighed

Then she walked, no like glacefuly danced towards the EMT’s from what I'm hearing the dad told her the kids information. She started to tell the EMT’s the kids information.

“The twins' birthdays are September 7, 2003, their 6 years old, the little boy is Finnick Caleb St Johns and the little girl is Oaklee Sage St Johns.”
I saw the EMT writing down the information about the kids.

“And the Baby was born on May 24, 2009, she is 5 months and her name is Gracelynn Mckay St Johnes. All the kids are allergic to Penicillin and the little girl, Oaklee cant have maple or nuts and Finnick cant have nuts ether”

As Alice was talking to the EMT a smile grew on my face from just hearing her voice and how much she cares about the family and by just looking at her complexion.  When she got done talking to the EMT there were tears in eyes and I wanted to just go up to her and hug her. When she looked into my eyes I got this kind of surety that she wanted to talk so I went up to her and asked her.
“Hey wanna talk”

“Yah sure”

When I asked her I felt like vomiting out of nervousness because I knew that we were gonna be alone together and I might actually get a chance to get to know her.

“So...how are you doing with all this?”

“What?” she asked like I snapped her out of her own deeping thought. 

I just now realized that she was only there in body and not in mind. 

“I asked how you felt about this.”

“Oh sorry umm I don't know, I just saw my only friend right in front of me run in front of that car and kill those kids mom and almost killed their dad and maybe killed that baby.”

She started to cry so she stopped walking, sitting on the bench and I sat with her. Without thinking I gave her a hug and it seemed to help a lot because she hugged back and started to stop crying and then we just sat there for a few more seconds hugging each other.

“I'm sorry.”

When she said that I felt really confused about why she was saying that but right as I started to think that she started  to explain why.
“I shouldn't have cried like that, I mean their not even my family.”

“You're in shock, it's fine to cry. You just saw a dead body and Rebbecca kill herself.” 
She flinched to the sound of her friend.
“Sorry I shouldn't have said that.”

“No don't be sorry it's not your fault.” I wanted to say that it was uncalled for but I didn't want to press the situation more and make her upset because I don't know what I could have done if I upset her.

“How are you with all this, you know being the hero in all.” 

I laughed

“Ummm I don't know I mean it's great that I saved those kids in all but I really don't like all the attention. I mean you lifted the man like he was a feather or something. When I said that her face went plank and her body went stiff

“You saw that?”

“Yah i saw it i think everyone saw that.”

“I- I- I gotta go.” She said this like I found out her deepest darkest secret and she got mad.

She got up and left. I got up and ran to her and walked with her.

“Where are you going?”
“Home” 

“Would you mind if I walked you home? On Halloween night you never know who could come out to play.”
She laughed
“Like what?”
She said this like she was mad and I wanted to know why because I hated making her mad.
“You have never heard that story about the night slayer?”

“No? Should I?”

“Do you wanna know?” I asked with a smirk
“Sure I mean we're gonna be walking for a while, might as well have something to pass the time.”
“Sorry in advance if you can never go trick or treating again.”
“I don't get scared” she laughed

I looked at her to see if she was sure and she looked at me with this look that made me want to spill my guts out to her so I began.
Every halloween night starting at 10pm the “Night Slayer” comes out to play, but for only 2 hours. The night slayer comes out and claims a body for two hours and when those two hours are up they dump the drained body. It sucks your soul from the insides and dumps the body off some who were always looking like they were either murdered or they kill themselves. 

The “Night Slayer” claims a body that not many people know but their familiar you know so that it's easy to get another victim to feed off of, you know because they need their fuel to last for the next year. So when the “Night Slayer” clams a victim they go hunt. They get into the victim's mind of the body they just claimed for the night and see who their friends are, who their family is, and most of all……who they want to talk to the most. Then they mostly go after their friends first because most teens are with their friend on halloween night. Then they lead them somewhere where no one is and they kill the friend and make it look like a murder or a sucide, but the more the people pure your soul is the more powerful “Night Slayer” would get. The “Night Slayer” sucks your soul, that's what it feeds off of and the more innocence is in your soul the more powerful it gets. Roughly meaning the more you feel for people the more you soul meant to them.

Then they go off to find other victims, but once in a while they make a big sense if they're not having much fun, just for the drama. Then they might just find their next fictum there and they leade them somewhere and do the same thing then when the hour is almost up they leave and try to go find a spot to leave the claimed body. If they don't kill the claimed body they will remember everything so they have to dispose of them. 

Then I recognize the road we’re going on and it just leads to a dead end and a bank.

“Hey do you know where you're going? This just leads to a dead end. There's nothing here.” 
“Yes.” she said in a stern, harsh voice.

It surprised me with the tone she used because I haven't heard of her being this harsh with people. Then she grabs my hand and stops, brings my face down to hers and then says the thing that brought life into a different perspective that I never thought possible.
“She liked you, you know. She really wanted to get to know you, she has been asking around about you and then when I read more into her I realized that she had heard that you thought that she was cute. Right then I just knew that you were the one that would be the easiest.”
Then she brought my face down to hers and I started to feel like water, like I was being drained, then like fire, like hell, no……like asid was burning me from the inside out. I tried to scream but nothing came out.

And we're best friends dress up as Devils and Angels.
But what you least expect is when tails and horror stories to come true,
Where you begin to experience and live the story,
Instead of hearing other people expense it themselves.

Hknowles25@wcsu32.org

More by Hknowles25@wcsu32.org