The Last Year On Earth

Every year everyone finds out how many years you have left to live. This year I only got one. All of my friends got over ten. I was the only one left out. I wouldn’t say how many years I got left and so my friends were very suspicious, but they got over it really quick. So this year I got to finally do whatever I want. We all found out in winter, so the first thing I did was go skiing and snow tubing a bunch with friends. Then we went on lots of hikes on many different trails. In the summer I got to hang out with a bunch of family and have s’mores by the campfire. I also got to go on the boat, swimming, tubing, and more. The year was coming to an end, I fully forgot about the whole year's situation. Time went by and I lived for another year. I have been thinking, life isn’t just about doing things other people want you to do or living up to everybody's expectation, but to just live up to your own expectations. I found out that you have to think about yourself before you even think about putting someone in front of you. If you have a good perspective on the world everything will be okay for you. 

ksulikdoty

More by ksulikdoty

• Near Death

We were all hanging out, my friends and I. It was a wonderful day in the summer out on the lake. We all were having a great time tubing and jumping off cliffs.
  • Celebration Of Trees

There is a tree, it is a golden birch tree. This tree is in the middle of nowhere. Most people who live in the town next to the tree will go to this specific tree.
  • Fame Can Mean Something Else

It’s wonderful to dream about being famous, because we think it will be sunshine and rainbows, but it’s really not. You always have people judging you on everything you do, even as little as something you ate.