Made Of Sugar

She makes me feel as if I'm made of sugar. I've always been scared of compliments- they make me uncomfortable and i never know how to respond, but when she tells me I'm sweet and talented and kind I can't help but to believe every word. She makes me feel better about myself; my low self-esteem slowly controlling me less and less the more time I spend with her. Sometimes I am spun sugar, delicate and fragile and vulnerable, too much pressure and I'll be flattened. Other times I am sugar syrup, melted into sweet gloopy liquid full of warmth by her words. I learned to rely on her, depending on her for comfort and support, and she was my everything. She became part of my routine. She became part of me. She taught me that I could be sugary sweet, and I loved how she made me feel good about myself.
Things ended badly between us and I still haven't forgiven her, but one day I will. That's just how it works, you see. 
Where I was once warm gooey sticky sugar syrup, I am now hardened like a boiled sweet. I do not let anything in. I do not trust her anymore, her and her sickly sweet words. 

MadsPads.3411

More by MadsPads.3411