Twirl

On his way home from school, one day Gregory decides to do his Mom a little favor. So as he pulls into the driveway he stops and gets out to grab the mail out of the mailbox. There is a surprisingly big stack of envelopes. He takes them all out, careful not to leave something behind. As he sifts through the bills, letters, and other miscellaneous crap an envelope that has a little more weight to it catches his eye. He pulls it from the pile expecting something unexciting. The first thing he notices is that it is addressed to him, not his mom, which is strange because he never gets mail. Now his curiosity reinforced, he looks to the return address; Harvard Medical School. As soon as he comprehends the possibilities he unconsciously drops all other mail to the ground, he rips open the envelope as fast as you can without doing any serious damage. Once inside the envelope, he sees many different things, he grabs what looks like a letter and starts to read, the further into the letter he gets the happier he becomes. He got accepted into Harvard, his dream college. He has stopped dead in his tracks in his driveway, staring at a letter. His mind is reeling, no twirling, with joy spinning in crazy energetic circles fueled by pure happiness and success. 

MCorti06

More by MCorti06

• Portal

Just a normal Friday, I’ve spent my entire day here, at my house, because of covid-19, I can only go to school two days a week. I hate it, every part of it, I wish it could just be normal.
  • Guardian

An utter mess, so undeniably hectic that if it was my room I have no doubt I would be kicked straight out of my house. As I left school that afternoon that's how I would have described my life.
  • Revelation

I'm out on the water, one beautiful afternoon, just enjoying myself and my own thoughts, pondering whatever comes to mind. Ideas float by like cattail fluffs drifting along with the current of the tide.