Brain Maze

I run through a maze of thoughts and decisions everyday just to start a different one the next day. The walls close in as the day comes to an end, I have to make the right turns and the right decisions or I could mess up everything I worked for. I have to make it out everyday. There's so many different exits to this maze, some bad, some good.  Theirs too many paths, too many options. In a different world maybe I make all the right turns. Do I go over the path with spikes and lava or the easy path? What if the dangerous path leads me straight to the exit? I'm always overwhelmed and overthinking I should just trust my gut and eventually I'll get there right? Just take it one turn at a time. ¨black coffee?” The lady asks me.   ¨uh… yeah just black please¨  Dammit I already messed up. You like cream in your coffee idiot. It's fine one wrong turn is fine. But its early, maybe I messed up the whole thing, I'll never get out.  I drive to work where an actual wrong turn could mess everything up.

There's some free pound cake on the table so I take the last piece. Yes, good, we are making progress.  What if someone wanted that, I just stole it from them, I messed up someone elses maze. No my mom told me no on else thinks like I do and that ¨Im different¨, but maybe they have their own version of a maze. I'm already ready to get out of this stupid maze i just wanna go home. No I make money here then someday I can permanently get out of this maze and go tan on a beach chair in the Bahamas. Lunch, halfway through, almost there. I'm making a steady pace. Few wrong turns so far. Shoot I forgot I have a meeting. I´m fifteen minutes late! When I arrive everyones waiting for me to present. Shoot.  The walls are closing and I need to run. I see the exit of the maze, I can do it. Sweat covers my forehead as I sprint. I leap out as the walls close in behind me. Then it's just me and my cold coffee sitting in my parents beat up car. 

Megan22

More by Megan22

• By Megan22

Hope!

“Hope is the thing with feathers / That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without the words, / And never stops at all.”
    - Emily Dickinson
  • "Kick The Can"

Water would always run down the sides of my mouth after hastily drinking a cold cup of water, exhausted from all the running. We would always makes sure no nieghbors door was missed, in excitement they would join us for a game of kick the can.
  • Lottery

Thomas Reed doesnt think very highly of himself, in fact if you asked him about his personality, or his favorite things to do, his life is so bleak he couldn't even respond with a proper answer.