Relocation

Death and destruction are the only things that have come out of earth for the past months. Now I have to make the choice of my death or their death. Humans decided to ruin our own earth and after many failed attempts to reverse what's been done they have given up and are relocating humans. Of course there's limited space. I wish I could spend my last days roaming in beautiful empty fields of cows or maybe smelling the crisp fall air and watch the waterfall.  I Have to kill them to get on the ship. Maybe I'm a crappy person to choose myself but I've gone through too much to just stay and die. I spent my childhood with them. How could I do such a thing? I invite her over and tension fills the room like a flood. We both know the circumstances. ¨One last toast for a chance for humanity” I say before we both take the shots and smile. Somehow we manage to smalltalk about all our memories while I wait. As I see her nod off I grab my bags and walk out without looking back.  My breath trembles and I begin my journey. 

I'm lucky enough to live very close to the amazing project of the ship, considering how long others have traveled to get to it. It's only a 20 mile trek to the space center.  Ever since they announced the project on the only radio station available, everyone's hopes have soared. They say it's huge and full of food to last forever. What happens when the ship's resources have run dry, no one knows nor wants to know.  I promised my family I would make it for them, so I can continue our bloodline and maybe someday we can go back to normal, whatever normal is.

Megan22

More by Megan22

• By Megan22

Hope!

“Hope is the thing with feathers / That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without the words, / And never stops at all.”
    - Emily Dickinson
  • "Kick The Can"

Water would always run down the sides of my mouth after hastily drinking a cold cup of water, exhausted from all the running. We would always makes sure no nieghbors door was missed, in excitement they would join us for a game of kick the can.
  • Lottery

Thomas Reed doesnt think very highly of himself, in fact if you asked him about his personality, or his favorite things to do, his life is so bleak he couldn't even respond with a proper answer.