Spinning and twirling

After a long day of school and procrastination, it's around 5 when I finally gain the energy to go practice my 360s on my snowboard. I ask my mom for a ride to the hill near the park like always, without my friend this time though; I simply want to practice with my own thoughts today. We just have a medium-sized jump and a small rail at the hill, any more and I'm sure we might get some complaints. No one is here and the snow is pretty good, powdery but also a bit sticky. I pop in my ear buds, most likely listening to something by Arctic Monkeys or The Neighborhood and then strap in. After a few failed 360s I get into the swing of things and start actually fully rotating and spotting the landing. I can't say they look pretty, but it's closer than I've ever gotten. 

The street lamps flicker on over by the school as the sun dips below the horizon, but I have plenty of light to continue. I walk up the hill once more and strap in. I can feel the run up is better than normal and I begin to twist my body and pull my head around to face forward again. My snowboard hits the ground, straight forward and flat! I ride it out, and out of excitement, I pivot on the nose of the board and twirl around. My hand flails as I hop around, still strapped in. I shout words of excitement, not caring who's around and plop into a fluffy snow bank. I reminisce in the moment, thinking about all the time and practice it took to get here, even if it may not be the most impressive trick in the book. Knowing how much landing this trick in the future on real ramps can help me progress spirals me into a thought process of all the other things I should and can learn. I run over to the parking lot, and on the way I hop and spin as if I'm a snow bunny, then quickly rave to my mom about what happened.

Megan22

More by Megan22

• By Megan22

Hope!

“Hope is the thing with feathers / That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without the words, / And never stops at all.”
    - Emily Dickinson
  • "Kick The Can"

Water would always run down the sides of my mouth after hastily drinking a cold cup of water, exhausted from all the running. We would always makes sure no nieghbors door was missed, in excitement they would join us for a game of kick the can.
  • Lottery

Thomas Reed doesnt think very highly of himself, in fact if you asked him about his personality, or his favorite things to do, his life is so bleak he couldn't even respond with a proper answer.