The Trip

Flo bounced down the stairs with her long blond hair streaming behind her. 

“Are you ready?!?”She shouted excitedly.

“Yes!”I laughed. 

Today was the day! We had waited all school year for this. I couldn’t wait until this time. We were finally going to California! It was going to be a long 8 and a half hours until we got there but it would be worth it! 

“Okay I’m ready Flo’s father called from the kitchen. He walked out into the living room smiling at us. He was my favorite person besides Flo and my parents. Flo’s mother had died when she was at a young age. All Flo and I remembered of her was that she always made ginger snap cookies.  

Flo’s dad loaded all of our luggage into the back of his car and off we went. About 40 minutes later we made it to the airport. We had about an hour until our plane left. 

Just as we were about to get on the plane the flight got canceled. Ugh. Just our luck. 

We decided to drive but when we got halfway there a road was canceled and we had to go on a long creepy dirt road. We finally got there but I had taken us a few days longer so we had to spend more money for the hotel rooms. The entire trip was fun and on the way back it went much smoother.

nfarnham

More by nfarnham

• Happiness

Happiness is….

The feeling of relief when you’ve completed all of the tasks for the day, 

The breeze on your face while walking on the beach with the sky-colored gray. 
  • Friends...

Friends can be both delight and pain at the same time. Being friends with someone brings good and bad memories and no relationship with anyone can be all good and all bad.
  • The Problem

“Where did you put the money??? The guy will be here any minute now and we can’t miss this payment!” I screeched at Chole.