Lend A Helping Hand

Life is full of hardships and disasters. When something bad happens to us, it can consume us. Leave us feeling drained, scared, and alone. However when something good happens to us we just skip over it and set it aside. Or worse we refuse to even see it. It is especially important for people to look for the good within their times of struggle. Right now that is what our world should be doing. We are all facing the coronavirus pandemic. What we need to realize is we are facing it together. Some people might lose more than others. They may have more painful times, each day might feel dreadful, this is where we need to step in. This is where everyone needs to step up to the plate and help those in need. It doesn’t have to be something big, it could be a small act of kindness. Every little bit counts. We are all in this together. The entire world is going through the same struggles that you are. Think about all the nurses and doctors out there risking their lives for our family and friends. All the people with sick family members in the hospital but are unable to sit by their side and tell them everything is going to be alright. In some cases, not even being able to say goodbye. There are people out there that can’t afford their basic needs, food, water, clothes, shelter. How do you think they are dealing with this pandemic? Can they? Many people are unemployed. That means no paycheck. No paycheck equals no money. No money means no resources. Do you need me to keep going? We are all enduring this pandemic together. Everyone in different ways but in the end we are all the same. I beg of you, today think of someone in need. Whether it be nurses, friends or even a neighbor and do something to ease their struggle. From a small act of putting a book in someone’s mailbox, praying for a family in need, to a larger act of sending shipments of masks to the hospital, every single act counts. We, your community, are counting on you. Rise up and help us. As a Christian I find this quote in the bible to show how we should be handling this situation, “For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.” - Deuteronomy 15:11. To everyone out there, whether you are religious or not, lend a helping hand to someone in need. We need you. The coronavirus still has a lot in store for us and we won’t make it through without each other. Now go, do your good deed. Not only will it brighten someone else's day but yours too. Together we will survive this, together we are strong!

Whitney

More by Whitney

• Awaiting An Invitation

Tree limbs dance in
    the breeze of baited breath,
    roots threaten to break ground zero.
    time;
    too much
    too little
    only the trees understand 
    me

glass stregthens
    mirrors melt
    clouds converge and darkness reigns
  • By Whitney

Sentenced

I am guilty

The bars which restrain me
    are but my own fault

I am guilty

The lifeless walls
    frozen, unfeeling
    yield no give as I fight to break free

My crimes:
    To want,
    the stars 
  • By Whitney

Only A Memory

The wind
    brushes my cheek, with a kiss. 
    Neck craned, my eyes
    skim the sky in bliss

The scene before me,
    a canvas to interpret,
    I stare, deep within the soul of each star
    this game I refuse to forfeit.