The Longest (Scene dump number i forgot how many of these i had)

"Look! Don't you see how the world is?! It's so wonderful and magical, why would you want to end it all?!"
His voice quickly grew as he kept speaking. Blood ran from a wound above his eyebrow, his leg, his forearm. But it didn't stop him, at all.
"Get out of the way."
Her voice was cold, cutting, quiet. Red splattered her white clothes and her eyes were dark. "I'll kill you. You're worthless."
"Cairo! Get away from him!"
That moment of weakness. She turned, eyes widening with surprise as a lance sheared its way through her neck . The force pinned it to the wall next to her, and by extension, Cairo herself. She struggled in vain against the wooden shaft, but it was no use. The blood she'd stolen for herself poured out of her, dark and bubbling to the floor.
"Julio!"
The blond turned, spitting out blood on the fallen woman. She glared at him, but her eyes were quickly losing color.
"Pietre! Oh gods, you're alright!"
Julio embraced the younger man, kissing the top of his head. He then pulled him away, checking his face for any injuries - but Pietre was fine.
"C'mon! We need to go, she'll heal herself soon!"
A fumbling of hands, a quick grip as the former servant dashed down the fall, leaving what he knew behind. Julio didn't look back. He couldn't.
The sunlight was oh-so-blinding after the weeks spent in the dark palace. Julio stumbled, nearly falling down the steps. Pietre helped him balance as they continued to run.
Adrenaline pushed away the pain of the wounds on Julio's body. Blood still flicked from the cuts, yes, but it didn't hurt like it had.

Abriatis

NY

YWP Alumni

More by Abriatis

• i am me.

it's 12am on nine-eleven-twenty-twenty.
    my name is rowan, and i am eighteen.
    i have struggled. i have cried. i did not think i'd make it this far.
    i did not think i'd do half the things i have.
  • nine-eleven

to think that i will be a legal adult tomorrow.
    i could vote. i could buy fish at petsmart.
    i could apply to places like aldi's and tractor supply.

my birthday, for me, has always been tinged with sadness.
  • placidity

i watch the numbers tick up.
    i read the headlines.
    suny oneonta shuts down for the semester -
    six hundred cases.

i go outside.
    i see the masks, worn properly or not.
    the spraying of hand sanitizer,