Scarecrow

The crimes he committed were the worst we had ever seen. Every new body we found was in a strange yet gruesome place and most could not handle it. We lost so many trainees and even some older vets, it was just to intense. Rarely did he repeat a body display, but there was one he was partial to. His favorite was the scarecrow. He would nail his victim’s hands to the wooden frame, then force hay into their body for the scarecrow stuffing. Clean, new hay was always used of course, he needed everything perfect and dirty, old hay would ruin everything. In the end the victim would be placed in a field to die alone, scared and in indescribable pain. The latest of his treachery was new to us though. The only reason why found it was because a hiker slipped off the trail into a ditch where the body was. She was trapped down there with a broken leg and a rotting corpse for hours, helplessly calling out until a park ranger heard her. The broken leg was not the only injury she gained, her young mind was also shattered as well. After some investigating we figured out what he had done. The sicko had taken a victim to the near top of Pikes Peak because of how isolated it was. He placed the knocked out victim into a wooden box that was then nailed shut. He waited until they woke up and as soon as they became aware of their situation, he kicked the box over the ledge and down the mountain. The victim experienced a few seconds of pure terror up until their neck and body snapped from the body making contact with the unforgiving ground. May god have mercy on their tortured souls and may we find the man responsible for this so we can send him back to hell where he belongs.

cmhemingwa

More by cmhemingwa

• My Thoughts on Death

The concept of death is frightening to me but not in the way that it is for most people and it may make me sound callous or just cold, but I’m not scared of death itself exactly.
  • Modern Lord of the Flies

“At least we don’t have to wear uniforms anymore.” he says with a resigning sigh. The boys around him nodding along in agreement, stripping off what remains of their former uniforms, leaving them in only their cotton underpants.