Ouch!

“Ouch!” I landed at the bottom of the hill. My leg was throbbing! I must of hit on a rock on the way down. I looked up the hill, and there they were, sticking their tongues out at me, laughing to themselves. I turned to see what was behind me. There was a little entrance into the dark woods. I turned back to shout at them, for pushing me down, but they were gone. Great. I was stuck by myself, at the bottom of a hill, in a foreign country, with a probably broken, swelling leg. I decided not to climb up the hill, since there was probably no hope in that. There was no other place to go except forward. I hesitantly stepped into the moist, leafy green. My leg stung as I hobbled forward, but I knew there was no other way out. I had only walked a few feet into the woods when I heard, “Annie! Come Back! Wait for us!” I turned to find the rest of my team behind me. I guess they hadn’t forgotten me after all. Right now we needed to go, but maybe we could come back and explore the forest another day. 

fitzgerg

More by fitzgerg

• Your Game

I've been here before; I know your ways.
    You think you have me in a bind? I wouldn't say the same.
    It comes so easy, moving so fast.
    But you don't suspect, that I do have a past.
    I'll play your little game. It's always the same.
  • This Encyclopedia

Alexa what time is it? 
    Hey Siri, what's the weather for today?
    A calculator; a dictionary; an encyclopedia,
    ready at your convenience.
    But nobody is reading dictionaries for fun. 
  • He had a Dream

He had a dream
    But not one of soaring skies and indigo seas.
    A man who believed
    That we could all live happily in harmony.
    He is long gone
    But his dream lives on.
    Come sisters and brothers
    Together we will stand