Santa

I stay awake that night hoping to catch santa. I need to know if he is real! I stay awake with a flashlight in hand, I hear the snores and breathing of my family across the hall. I need to make sure he got me the barbie salon. Santa better enjoy the milk and cookies I made him I worked extra hard on that. My mom told me to sleep but I need to know If he is real. I wait, and wait, and wait. Nothing. My eyelids become heavier the more I wait for him. When Im awakened by my brother jumping on our beds yelling “It's christmas!!” Oh well I guess I have next year.

Kenzie

More by Kenzie

• "Spidey Senses"

If I could give humans a sixth sense, I would give them the ability to sense oncoming danger. While now some people experience this already, with the gut feeling that saves some lives, I think everybody should have this ability already.
  • The Escape

I would say in my life the hardest thing I've had to face is leaving my dad. Throughout my childhood it was a known fact that my dad was not in the right mind, and that he needed help. My father was an alcoholic.
  • Sad Winter Trees

The trees are bare now,
    the colored leaves decorate the cold dirty ground. 
    They fly in the wind with every passing car,
    these leaves crunch under the walking person's feet.

The lengthy branches sit naked,