Celebrating Women's History Month

We all have something in common and that thing is we all have something special about us that makes us who we are. March is women’s history month. If we take the time to notice the unique qualities represented in the women in our lives, they can inspire us to be strong. Every woman we meet, changes how we think, act, and communicate. Women spark new ideas in people everyday. People don’t realize how many amazing women are in our world, they can literally do anything. Sometimes people are dismissive of women’s accomplishments. If a woman shows emotion, it’s not because she is incapable, she can do anything she puts her mind to. If she shows that she has a ton of skills and is different than everyone else she should not be called insane, or incompetent because she has worked so hard just to build up her skills. Some people don’t see how much women have an impact on our world. Women have played a very important role in history. A woman who has changed history is Lise Meitner she was a physicist. She worked on radioactive and nuclear physics. Raye Montague was a naval engineer. She created the first computer generated rough draft of a U.S naval ship. She was also the first female program manager of ships in the United States Navy. Katherine Johnson was a mathematician for NASA’s Apollo missions. She basically made it possible for Neil Armstrong to go into space and not die. When Neil said “ that’s one small step for man, and one giant leap for mankind.” He should have said “ that’s one small step for everyone, and one giant leap for space exploration.” If he had said something like that it would have recognized the women and men who put so much hard work into this mission. Women work so hard to improve our world, we should appreciate them a lot more. Now that women’s history month is over, it’s time to take what we’ve learned from the past and use it to build a better future for us.

missgallagher

YWP Instructor

More by missgallagher