Fnipper

Druids are some of the most wilderness-adapted adventurers there are. Long ago, they split into 2 circles–the Circle of the Moon, and the Circle of the Land. the Circle of the Moon offers enhances shapeshifting abilities, and the Circle of the Land offers more spells. Gerbo “Fnipper” Turen joined the Circle of the Moon at age thirty-four, which was still young for a gnome. Over the years, he rose in the ranks until he was allowed to go on a journey through the wilderness at age 36. He still wanders through the woods, turning into various animals, and looking for orc clans to eradicate. Right now, he’s hiding in a tree, stalking some orcs. His small build allows him to hide easily, though it would have been easier as an animal. Sadly, he needed to be in gnome shape to cast spells. All 5 of them are huddled around a campfire. One of them, whom Gerbo guesses is the leader, is adorned with lots of expensive jewelry. He’s been planning his attack for hours. With a wave of his hand, he calls on some of his innate illusion magic and makes the sound of a twig snapping on the opposite side of the clearing. The orcs turn around to the sound. He makes his attack. Swooping down from his tree as an eagle, Gerbo claws the leader in the eyes. He takes advantage of the orcs’ surprise and attacks each one with his spear. Gerbo draws some runes in the dirt with his spear he kneels down and mutters an incantation in druidic. The bodies disappear and giant mushrooms grow in their place.

Five minutes later

Back at his camp, Gerbo is cleaning the non-PG materials off his spear. He takes the leader’s jewelry and throws it in his bucket labeled “stuff I don’t need (yet)” Gerbo absentmindedly  picks up his spear and throws it at a beehive. Bees swarm out at gerbo and start stinging him all over. They leave after about fifteen seconds, but that was still enough to do some damage.

Thetford Academy

YWP Instructor

More by Thetford Academy