Turbo the turtle

Turbo is a tiny turtle who is the youngest sibling of six brothers named, Tim, Ted, Tom, Titus, and Theodore. Turbo is the tiniest turtle who lives in all of Australia. He is also one of the fastest swimmers! He is the fastest turtle in school and faster than all of his brothers. Turbo loves racing his brothers. His dream is to win, ​TOP SPEED!​, the biggest sea turtle race in the entire ocean. Everyday he swam to get faster and faster, but one day a mean fish came up and took a bite out of Turbos tiny flipper! He swam home slowly because he was in a lot of pain. Once there his mom fixed his flipper. Turbo asked if he could go swimming but his parents didn’t let him. Turbo watched as his brothers raced and had fun. Turbo could only watch them. Eventually, Turbo’s flipper healed and he could swim again. He raced his brothers and got 4th! He swam everyday to get faster so he could win​ TOP SPEED!​. He started to get faster and faster, until he was faster than he had ever been before! His parents said he could race in ​TOP SPEED!​. He was so excited. On the day of the race he woke up and went for a swim to get ready for the race. Later that morningwhen he got to the registration he got his number and went to the starting line. “Ready, set, go!” said the starter guy. The turtles took off. Some were slow, some were fast, but Turbo was in the lead. Almost halfway to the finish, a big turtle knocked Turbo out of the way and Turbo fell far behind some of the turtles. He got right back to paddling he passed all of the turtles except for the turtle who crashed into him. Turbo was right behind him. As they got closer to the finish line turbo sped up but was still not ahead of the big turtle! Turbo sped up just in time to cross the line before the bigger turtle; whom he later found out was Turbo’s oldest brother, Tim. Turbo did it. He won ​TOP SPEED!!​ He paddled to his parents and went home, on the way home, Tim congratulated Turbo on beating him. Turbo got so many congratulations cards in snail mail from family all across the ocean. He was the happiest he had ever been!

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy