The Incredible Hulk Coaster

The Incredible Hulk Coaster

“Mason, Mason, Mason get up!!!” I look around the room still half asleep, wondering what was going on. I look up and mom is standing over me shaking me to get me out of bed. I look over at the clock, 5:30am. “Ugh. Already?” I asked. “Yep, dad’s already to go,” mom said trying to hurry up the conversation.

As soon as mom left the room me and my brother Boone were sharing, we got up and got dressed. As we woke up, we got more and more excited talking about how many and how big all the rides were going to be. We were going to get to the park early and were going to start at the back of the park with hopes of beating the crowd and not having to wait as long in lines.

Once we get in the parking lot, we met up with my Aunt Cara and my Uncle Dan. As we walk into the park, me and Boone are jumping with excitement. We pass through the back gates of the park and get all checked in. Once we all meet on the other side of the gates, we grab a map and mark out where we are going. Boone and I quickly decide that we want to go on “The Hulk” first, while the line’s short.

We walk all the way over to “The Incredible Hulk Coaster.” We check the timer that tells us how long the line is and it says there’s a 45 minute wait. “Seriously?!?” I say. Dad says “Better get in line quick. That line’s going to get nothing but longer”. We walk through all the ropes getting to the back of the line.

As I look around, I notice that the building we had entered tells us  how Hulk was created. There were green and purple lights shooting everywhere. It truly looked as if we were in the movie. The 45 minute wait went by fast because there was so much to look at. Everytime a ride would go off, you would hear Hulk cry as if throwing you into the coaster with rage. After every corner, we turn we check to see if we can see the ride. We could finally see the seats of the ride and we were so excited. I’m not sure who was laughing more childishly, me and my brother, or my dad.

Finally, we are up next. We all get in the same seating row so we can be together. As we sit in our seat, I’m tingling with excitement. The workers come through and make sure our seats are tight enough. Once they’d checked everyone's seat, they give a little lecture and send us off. They said something about not unbuckling until the ride was over and other thing like that. But I was too excited to listen. Instead I just kept smirking at my dad and brother.

Once we start moving you could hear the slow, “CLICK….CLICK….CLICK.” With every click, the anticipation gets more and more intense. The track is at just the right angle that you can’t tell what's coming. All you can see is sky, while your inclosed in this tunnel. You can’t look down, if you look around all you can see is tunnel. As soon as we get almost bored of the clicking suddenly we get a burst of energy and are speeding into the roller coaster like we were shot out of a cannon. We left so fast you couldn’t even hear the Hulk scream (the same scream that you could hear from the gates of the park). We immediately go into a spiral and are spinning like a pass from a QB or a bullet from a rifle. Then comes a couple turns slowing us down. We suddenly start going up. Everyone knows what happens after you go up on a roller coaster, you go down! The question is how you go down. As we are going up, we look around the park for mom, Cara, Danny, and Marin. I reach my hand out to wave because I’m on the outside of the cart. But as soon as I do, we are flying towards the ground. I wasn’t even touching the seat we were going so fast. I look at my dad and brother to see if they are okay and my dad is laughing more childishly than ever and my brother look a little pale. We then go into several loopty loops and more spirals and when we finally get our heads straight, we are going under the bridge that brought us into the park. I was nervous that if I kept my hands in the air I might lose them.

Once we come out from under the bridge we are behind the building we had been waiting in. When I look around at the track ahead there's more loopty loops, spirals, twists, and turns. We go through them at full-speed loopty loop, spiral twist, loopty loop, loopty loop, turn, spiral. Finally a turn slows us down and we head back into the station.

As we get off the coaster, I feel like I’m walking on air. I look at my dad and say, “That might have only been about thirty seconds, but it was the best thirty seconds of my life!”

“Was it worth the 45 min wait?” he asks.

“An hour and a half would have been worth it!” I say, as excited as ever.

Once we find the rest of our family, mom asks if we saw them waving from the bridge. I look at her like she has three heads and say, “Are you kidding me. Did you see how fast we were going? All I saw was blobs.” My mom had Marin by the hand and I ask why she wasn’t in her stroller. Mom only points at the stroller. I look over and see my brother in the little pink stroller looking dead and about as green as the Incredible Hulk himself!

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy