Stupid Auto-correct

Presidents don’t often text one another but this was one of those rare times that they do. Two Presidents of two different countries were texting each other one day when an unnoticed auto correct almost started World War 3. These two Presidents were discussing trade between their countries when the word “fill” autocorrected to “kill.” One of the Presidents was trying to say “ we will make sure to fill all tradeships” but it auto corrected to “we will make sure to kill all tradeships”. The president who sent this did not see the autocorrect so he put his phone down and left the room satisfied. Little did he know that the other President was arming the nukes and rallying the troops. Luckily the President who sent the text came back to the room and got on his phone again, but he still didn’t see the autocorrected message. He instead went on Instagram to see how many like the picture of his ham sandwich had gotten. The other president was furious and decided to give the President who sent the message 10 minutes before he sent the nukes. The president who sent the text message heard a raucous outside his office and went to see what was the matter. Before he could reach the door his secretary came charging in yelling something about total nuclear annihilation. His secretary told him that the other country was getting ready to nuke them. So the president looked at the chat and saw the autocorrected text and under that a message that read “ YOU HAVE 10 MINS BEFORE I DESTROY YOUR COUNTRY!!!!!” This message was sent 9 minutes ago. The president quickly texted back saying that it was stupid auto correct. At the last moment right before the other President clicked the red button his phone buzzed. He saw the message and called off the nukes. They both apologize and decide to talk on the phone from now on.

Xbeaudin

More by Xbeaudin

• Friendship

I believe that friends are both delight and pain, that is what makes them your friends and not yes-men or enemies. Real friends can tell you the truth and not blindly lie to you.
  • Football hardship

In 2020, many were surprised to find out that a fall football season would be happening, me included. I saw the high school football team working out together while I was on a walk with my parents and dog.