Happy Birthday, Mom

Dear Mom,

I forgot to buy you something again. I guess I couldn't find anything that expressed my gratitude enough, so I've decided to write you something until I have time to buy you that wine you like. 

I love you to every star and back. you are one of the stars in my sky, my guiding light when the world is dark and my compass when I'm lost

when I was little, I thought you were perfect. I'm older now, I know you're not perfect, and I like that, being human is underrated. you do your best, do all you can do, and that's beyond enough.

the world is made better by your existence, your love, your determination, you. You you you. You are the best I could ask for, the calm presence in a storm.

It's been a hell of a year, and you are still standing by my side, I don't know if I could ever repay that, though I know I'll keep trying to be the child you deserve, you deserve the world and more.

you are the pale purple of lilacs in the springtime, the first reminder that the sun is coming. you are the pink of sunsets over a lake, the green of summer grass, the red of carnations, and the pale blue of a horizon. 

I wish for you to have a lovely birthday and an even better year, you deserve it, you've earned it just by being you, I love you no matter what.

love,

your child who will be eternally grateful for all that you are and all that you do

Pridejaguar13

More by Pridejaguar13